1.7

"Oh my god Dohee! I came here as quick as I could!!" Doyoung said while trying to catch his breath. His sister chuckled and patted the seat next to her. "Mom is on her way here, she should arrive anytime soon."

The two kept quiet as they sat in front of the principal office which was filled with people who were discussing the situation.

Dohee leant her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, her thoughts filled with questions. Not too long after they heard a voice from next to them and quickly shot up, running towards the person.

"Oh my god, I missed you two so much!!" Their mom said as she engulfed them both into a tight hug. "I missed you more!!" The siblings said at the same time, making her chukle. "Should we enter now?"

"They still have some kind of a meeting." The girl explained and her mother nodded her head, understanding the situation. "Should we go sit down?"

"I would love to, my feet are killing me. I ran towards here in these hills!" She exclaimed as she pointed to the black footwear with a fifteen centimeters long heel. "I was always jealous of your abilities."

"Mom, why didn't I get your genes!?" The younger simbling cried out, making her laugh as she patted his head.

"Mrs. Kim, have you already came?" Mr. Jung asked as he saw the woman sitting with her two children. "Yeah, I came as fast as I could."

"Okay, it's the best if you come in and we discuss it inside with the principal." He said and motioned for her to follow him. "Dohee please come with us."

"What about me?" Doyoung asked and his sister smiled at him. "Don't worry, maybe you should go to the café and have fun with the rest. I'll join you after everything is settled."

"If you say so." He pouted and gave her a hug before she entered the room and sat down on the chair next to her mother, across the principal and her homeroom teacher.

"So, the firefighters found some clues which lead to the fire starting right outside your room. We know that during the time fire started you were in your class so you did not start it but we are suspecting that you may have been a target."

Mr. Jung slowly explained. "A target? You mean, someone wanted to kill me?" Dohee asked with wide eyes and the principal slowly nodded. "Or it was just an accident."

"In any case we want you to stay with someone you trust whenever you're outside your room. Don't walk around alone and stay careful."

"But what if she's in her room? Anyone could start another fire." Her mom asked, her eyes moving between the two men. "Well, the teacher is guarding the entrance and the hall where she's staying."

"I will be alright mom, don't worry. I know how to take care of myself." She smiled at her mother and held her hand reassuringly. "I know but I'm your mother, I can't feel anyway different."

"Is there anything else you've wanted to speak to me about?" She asked the two and they shook their heads. "Only if you want to see Dohee's grades." The woman chuckled and shook her head.

"There's no need, Dohee let's me know her grades the moment she gets them. Is that right?" The girl smiled widely and her mom ruffled her hair. "If you don't have anything more to talk about we will be leaving."

"Of course. Have a safe trip back home ma'am." The principal replied before the two left the office.

"So, should we go get some coffee?" Her mom asked as they walked out and Dohee smiled. "Sure, my friends are there and it would be great if you met them before you leave."

They were just leaving the school grounds when the girl saw a familiar figure moving closer to them, not aware of their presence. She stopped in her steps as they walked closer to the other. "Asahi? I thought you were with the rest?"

The boy jumped slightly, starled by the girl's voice. "Holy shi-" He stopped mid sentence upon seeing her mother besides her and he quickly bowed. "Hello." He greeted the woman and she returned the greeting with a warm smile.

"Why are you going to school?" The younger repeated the question and he cleared his throat. "I forgot something in my locker."

"Oh, alright. Do you want us to wait for you so we can go back together?" She asked and he pursed his lips. "I wasn't actually planning to go back."

"Oh that's shame, I really wanted to meet Dohee's friends." Her mother said and the boy bit his lip anxiously. "I guess I can stay a few more minutes."

He turned to walk back towards the café and the two followed after him, sharing a confused look. "Weren't you going to get something from your locker?"

"I, uh, well, I can get it tomorrow. It's not that important."

Dohee hid a chuckle as he stumbled on his words and her mom slightly nudged her. "Is he your roommate that Doyoung mentioned when we spoke yesterday?" She whispered and Dohee slightly nodded, internally face palming as she knew what was to come.