9

Broken Promise

1/4/2005

AUTHOR P.O.V
The two kids were sleeping peacefully in each other's arms when the door of the bedroom suddenly jolted open, causing them to immediately pop their eyes open in shock. What the.. " Get up ! " The man in black (As usual) shrieked, gesturing towards the little boy.

Jimin parted his lips to say something but was unable to due to the sudden 'lovely surprise greet' in the morning. He looked at the little girl next to him, only to see that she was already curling up into a ball while drawing herself closer to him. " I said get up ! Are you deaf ?! " The little boy hesitantly stood up from the mattress, glancing at Y/N for a second before his body was yanked all the way out of the space.

Half of him felt relieved because it's just him that was dragged out.

The other half felt nervous because he didn't know what their next project was.

-

He was immediately thrown to the floor as soon as they stepped into the familiar room. The one that consists of punching bags hanging on the ceiling, combat mats spreaded all round the space, figures of target displayed and of course, all types of weapons are attached to the walls.

The Ground.

The only thing that is unfamiliar for the little boy laying on the ground right now is..

A small pathway from one of the walls to the other wall opposite of it that consists of ;-

Burnt rocks.

Jimin frowned slightly then sat up in dread and perplexity, immediately crawling backwards until his back accidentally hit someone's legs. He slowly looked up to the owner of the legs, only to see him. The animal. Of course it's him. He snickered, carving a mocking smirk.

" What is it, kid ? Are you petrified ? " He said then kicked his body, causing him to jolt ahead 'till his palms landed on the cement. Petrified is not enough to describe his little feelings right now.. " You see that ? " The middle-aged man asked, squatting next to the palpitating boy while pointing his index finger towards the small yet scary pathway.

Jimin gulped down his saliva while his eyes gawked at it. It's clearly visible that smoke is billowing out of the newly burnt rocks. " Wanna walk on it ? " He offered, his eyes were now fixed on the little boy beside him. Jimin immediately shook his head, pleading for mercy using his eyes.

" Oh, sorry. It's not an offer. "

" It's an order. "

In a second, the little boy is already standing right in front of the pathway after being dragged by the same man that brought him here. " P-Please.. N-No.. " He begged with his trembling lips, trying to prevent his feet from even touching the edge of the hot rock but the man's figure was definitely much stronger than him because in the next second, his skin was already burning itself in the row of rocks.

" Ahh !!! "

His yell became louder and louder every time the clock ticked. The middle-aged man smirked in amusement as he watched the scene right before his eyes. The little boy clenched his fists, vision already blurry due to the tears that are accumulating in his eyes.

How can a human be this cruel..

" Mommy.. "

He cried.