22

Safe And Sound

2020

AUTHOR P.O.V
Y/N slowly fluttered her eyes open, letting out a soft sigh as she stared at the man in front of her. His plump lips slightly parted, eyes closed as he was peacefully enjoying his slumber. A few strands of his black locks were covering his forehead, his left arm letting his head rest on it while the other wrapped comfortably around her waist.

Jimin let out a hum when one of her hands made its way to his cheek, caressing it tenderly before reaching for his hair and brushed it off his face. She carefully lifted his arm after grabbing it, pursing her lips while she tried to release herself from his grip without waking him up.

He frowned for a few seconds once he felt nothing but emptiness next to him before slowly drifting back to his not so pleasant dreamland. She sighed in relief, glancing at the clock hanging on the wall once she sat up. 12:30 a.m. She slightly bit her lower lip, hoping Taehyung hasn't fall asleep yet.

Well, it's actually confirmed.

The light brown hopped off the bed as slow and silent as humanly possible, running her fingers through her hair once she succeeded. She charged to the bedroom's door, glancing at her sleeping boyfriend for the last time before grabbing the door knob and twisted it, stepping out of the space like a flash.

Since all the rooms are located on the same floor, it only took her a few seconds to reach the red's bedroom. Her fist knocked on the door, not surprised to see Taehyung being drenched in sweat without any top covering his upper body. " Y/N ? " See ? It's confirmed. He never sleeps early. Always spend his time exercising until 1 or 2 in the morning. " Hi.. " She whispered with a smile, earning a titter from him.

" Come in, " he grabbed her by arm, looking around the corridor before closing the door. " What are you doing here ? Can't sleep ? " Taehyung spoke while still trying to catch his breath. The light brown sat herself down on the bed, followed by him. " No, just.. I-I'm worried, Tae.. " She slowly looked down, fidgeting with her fingers.

Worried.

He knew exactly what she meant.

Who she meant.

He remained silent but his hand eventually made its way to hers, rubbing the back of her palm using his thumb to give some comfort. " You know what happened the last time he went to a war, right ? " He nodded. " I don't wanna lose him, Tae.. I-I can't. " A tear escaped one of her eyes as she spoke. She looked up to him, revealing her now red and watery eyes that broke him more than anything.

Both of them are not just his best friends. They're his family. Knowing how protective Jimin is towards her, he automatically felt like he has to do the same. He wants to do the same. After all, she is just a fragile girl who was kidnapped and couldn't depend on anyone else except for him and her boyfriend.

And now that both of them need to participate in the war, who will be here to keep an eye on her ?

" Hey.. Y/N, you won't lose him. You know how strong he is, right ? He will never ever leave you, okay ? " The red tugged a strand of hair behind her ear, his thumb came in contact with her cheek right after. Her lips trembled, making him immediately pull her into his embrace and caress her back to calm her down. " I'm afraid.. " " I know, beautiful. I know.. " He whispered softly, running his fingers through her hair.

Y/N then slowly pulled away from his body, their hands were still connected. At this point, everything seems useless but, " Tae.. Please.. Try to talk to him.. T-Tell him not to go.. A-Ask him to send the others to the war zone. Please, Tae.. " She couldn't help herself but to try and try and try.