─ 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡 𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

IT WASNT FAIR. Nothing was fair anymore. It should have been her not Wilbur, she should have been the one be taken away not him. He should be here, where she sat next to the dying flame of the campfire, beside Tommy and Techno and -who she had learned was- Tubbo. The three sat in dead silence, Azalea not even flinching when the sparks would jump at her. Techno was brooding as well, only he would look up at the noises. Azalea didn't. Tommy was poking the fire with a frown upon his face as Tubbo sat next to him trying his best to comfort his friend. There was nothing to say, they had all lost him in some way and they knew of no way to get him back. He wasn't dead as far as they knew but that option still hung heavy in their minds. Yet somehow, the idea of him not dead was worse, what would they do to him that they wouldn't know of? What cruel and sick ways would they discover to torment him?

Azalea brought the coat that Techno and Tommy had brought with them tighter around her. She had realized that it was Wilburs soon after she had seen it, only fueling her despair and heartache further but she took it anyway. A part of her thought it was like he was still with them, and that he was going to walk out from the trees with a smile on his face and they could leave. But that never happened and all that was left was a mess of tears and exhaustion. From anyone's point of view it probably looked as if she was Wilbur, having donned his coat and his necklace around her neck.

Only the reflection of the dancing flames was seen in her eyes. The sparks flew high until they vanished into the sky. If it weren't for them being far enough in the woods the campfire would have been a dead give away as to where they were. Yet for some reason a part of her wanted to be found, deep in the back of her mind, perhaps then she could see Wilbur. God, how she regretted everything, the more she thought of him the worse her guilt. Only moments before he was taken had he confessed to her his love...and it may have only been in the simple 3 words but it carried much more.

It carried nights of restless sleep thinking about the days they had spent together, times where the subtle smiles and glances were enough to get both their hearts racing. It carried days worth of self doubt, pushing aside thoughts of ever being together. Times when neither one of them felt to act on their feelings in fear of making a reckless choice they'd regret. But at the same time it held those moments of hope, those times where they basked in the comfort of each other's company.  However, if only she had plucked up the courage to admit her admiration and affection to him when she had the chance. Tell him that he consumed her thoughts in almost every waking moment and that a simple glance from him was enough to make her heart ascend.

But there is no telling if she would ever be able to tell him that she loved him as well.

"I shouldn't have let him go..." Tommy muttered under his breath, now having his head down and his ragged blonde hair shielding his face from everyone. 

Tubbo gave Tommy a sympathetic look, now more than ever attempting to comfort his friend. Azalea was too mentally and emotionally drained to worry about Tubbo and Tommy but she felt the ping in her heart. Tommy's voice was filled with sadness and guilt, similar to how Azalea felt.  And she reminded herself, she wasn't the only one who lost Wilbur tonight. Tommy and Techno both lost a brother, a role model for Tommy and a close friend for Techno. Tubbo, well she doesn't quite know him and his relation to them, but seeming as Tommy clearly trusted him, he must have known Wilbur.