─ 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐡

𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐒

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

THE PAST WEEK HAD BEEN rather quiet compared to the first two days, nothing seemed to change drastically. Everyone kind of kept to themselves, sometimes Azalea would walk out to the garden and find that Gabrielle and Tommy were bickering and having small fights. The two would constantly be insulting one another but everyone knew it was all bark no bite, they got along like siblings. Personally, Azalea thought that the one time Gabrielle called Tommy a child was the funniest. He got very worked up over it and resorted to shouting incoherent words at her. They were very amusing, to say the least. However, there were times when things seemed to be serious. During some of the arguments and play fights, Tommy would be called for by Wilbur to talk. Those were the times when everything went quiet and reality set back in. After all, they were only strangers.

Despite it all, everyone tried their best to at least be polite and gracious towards one another. One of the more obvious ones was Wilbur and Azalea. Whenever they would cross paths or talk they seemed to become more mature yet gracious, neither one wanting to say the wrong thing. And it became more obvious that they enjoyed each other's presence because as the days passed they got more comfortable around each other and would do things with one another. It was all very platonic of course, they only ever really strolled around the manor grounds most days. There were times when Wilbur would catch her studying and would opt to join her for a bit. And something he had picked up was that she spent most of her time outside.

Which, coincidentally, was where she was now. She was out in the field outside her house with a book in hand. Beside her was none other than Wilbur, laying on his back looking up to the sky as he listened to her read aloud. She read each line in a soft spoken voice that was quiet enough to put anyone to sleep but also loud enough to keep them awake. He listened to her turn the page and let out a small exhale then begin reading once more. Wilbur closed his eyes and a small content smile formed on his face, it felt as if they had known each other for a while.

She stopped reading and looked down at Wilbur, "is my voice really that dull?"

Hazily he opened one eye and looked back at her, "sometimes"

Azalea scoffed and playfully kicked his side with her foot which caused him to groan and turn to his side.  Azalea was first to let out a laugh and Wilbur soon followed suit.

"That was cruel" Wilbur whined

"Oh boo hoo-" The last part of her sentence turned into a shriek as Wilbur had pushed her over.

She let out a laugh and opened her eyes to see the sky above her. Wilbur chuckled and turned his head over to see her. The sun was in the center of the sky so she had her hand above her to block the sunlight. From this perspective, she looked almost ethereal, the sun shining down on her in a certain way making her skin look flawless. Still after this whole week Wilbur couldn't figure out why she never left the manor grounds, she looked as if she would fit in perfectly at the capital.

"You're childish,"

"I could say the same to you!" Wilbur retorted