─ 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

IT WAS STRANGE HAVING two new people join at breakfast. The cook was rather shocked when she saw that two young men were sitting across the table from Azalea and Gabrielle. She just stared at the two whilst holding the few plates of food in her hands. It took a lot for Gabrielle to not laugh at the situation, and Azalea only let out a giggle. Wilbur and Tommy both seemed rather amused too, each having a small smile on their faces. The cook came around and placed the two plates in front of Azalea and Gabrielle, a sheepish smile was plastered on the cook's face.

"I'm dreadfully sorry, sirs, I was not expecting company..." The cook stuttered out and rubbed her hands together, to which Wilbur only gave her a small smile and nudged Tommy to smile as well.

"That's perfectly understandable,"

The cook nodded and returned to the kitchen to gather another two plates worth of breakfast. Gabrielle giggled causing Azalea to giggle even more at the current events taking place. It wasn't proper manners to begin eating when the guests didn't have food so Azalea and Gabrielle both sat there waiting. Therefore they did the next best thing, starting a conversation.

"So I heard you are on the run," Gabrielle spoke up and took a sip of her drink.

Azalea and Tommy both almost choked on their drinks at the bold conversation topic. Wilbur looked taken aback and almost offended, which Gabrielle apparently didn't pick up on.

"Gabbie, I love you with all my heart, but what the hell." Azalea hissed in a hushed whisper, glaring at her cousins beside her.

"What? Am I not permitted to be curious?"

"No no it's uhm..." Tommy cleared his throat and looked at Wilbur for reassurance, "it's fine."

"Technically yes we are on the run-"

"Then you should stay here for shelter," Gabrielle concluded and left everyone dumbstruck.

"We really shouldn't-"

"Oh no, I heavily insist. If you are on the run then that must mean you are in danger and from what I can tell you two do not strike me as the...criminal type. So then that only leaves persecution, which means that you two are being victimized in the situation. And to add to my statement, no one in the capital even knows we exist so no one will even think of coming here."

Azalea rubbed her temples in annoyance, they were supposed to talk this decision over before announcing it. Apparently, Gabrielle had other plans. Azalea looked up at Wilbur and Tommy's expressions of absolute confusion and shock. As much as they seemed harmless and perfectly fine, Azalea still was not completely ready to just allow them to stay at her home. However, once Gabrielle had made up her mind there was no changing it, so now they could either take the invitation or reject it and leave.

"You do not need to make your decision now of course, just, think it over during breakfast?" Azalea commented, trying to at least remove some pressure from their shoulders.