─ 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒

━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

IT ALL HAD TO GO, everything. Taking down Schlatt would not be enough and everything he once had, what the nation once stood for, and what once tied him to the nation was gone. There was nothing left for him there...in that pit of corruption...that hell. He had nothing left at all really everyone around him would leave eventually everyone did. He was convinced. He could still feel the grip tight around his wrist and he could still feel the metal cold against him. He feared it would never go away, always living in his mind forever and tormenting him in his sleep. Everytime he closed his eyes he could still see it, the darkened room and the malicious smile. It was all still a blur, a haze of black mist that settled over him.

All he knew was that things have changed, seeing first hand. The fear that was put over everyone, seeing the mortification of the people around him at the mention of Schlatts name. How they shuddered at his presence. The once lively streets were barren and the once free court was now turned to a dictatorship. There was no more 'take down Schlatt and it will be all over' because the moment they took him down the damage had already been done. The people would never trust their court again, the streets would never be as full of life again, everything would be damaged. But who is to say it was never like that? Who is to say that this is not the true nature of his 'beloved' nation?

After all, who was Wilbur to say what it was truly like? He barely ever left his own room, constantly being told where to be and where to go and what to do. How would he know what life was like? Maybe Azalea was right...maybe politics do lead to pain and suffering. Maybe Techno was right after all...perhaps the only way to rid himself and others of suffering was to destroy the nation no matter the cost. If there is no Schlatt, no court, no L'Manburg, then there is nothing, everyone can be at peace.

This only fueled him, a newfound desire rising in him. If he couldn't have L'Manburg then no one can have L'Manburg.

And he knew, oh how he knew, that Tommy would detest him for all eternity for it. Wilbur knew how attached his younger brother had become to the nation, how optimistic he is that they could get it back and save it. Oh how naive he is for thinking that there is a nation to get back. There is no nation to get back; it died the moment they were overthrown.

Wilbur had already begun discussing ways to destroy the nation with Techno. Their secret meetings in the dead of night only fueling the flame that was their desire to take it down. Techno's morals and views were very clear from the moment Wilbur received a letter back from him. It was a risk, asking his older twin to come back to help him back when he believed in getting L'Manburg back. The letter itself stated that Techno would only help to take down a form of government, not to help them gain their seats back, not to help family but to take down a government.

It was the dead of night when they met once more, Wilbur still feeling that sense of a new desire burning in him. Tonight was the night they agreed to discuss how to take it down and keep the conversation strictly on that. The previous night Techno had attempted to ask Wilbur of what it was like in the cell and what all Schlatt had done to him. He would not and refused to answer. In truth, he still could not piece together what all happened, only the physical toll it had taken on him. He was not blind, he could see the wounds scattered across his body like stars in the night sky. Each one, he knew, would become scars and a part of him hated it because it would be a constant reminder of what all he was put through. However, at the same time he accepted that he couldn't prevent it and that he would have to live with it.