─ 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝

𝐂𝐀𝐕𝐄

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

DESPITE THE NUMEROUS AMOUNTS of wanted posters with his face on them and his various threats and fighting skills, Technoblade was the most confusing person Azalea had ever met. He couldn't hold a conversation if he tried, he would get distracted by the most futile thing. Yes, the almighty blood god, the butcher of wars, and the angel of death would get distracted by a butterfly in front of his face. However, he had his moments where he held a conversation but it almost always ended in him becoming awkward and trying to change the subject. In hindsight, it was kind of comforting.

The two had been traveling for three days, and during that time she had come to terms with the fact that she was now somehow and in some way involved in whatever Wilbur and Tommy got themselves into. What it was they were involved in? She still was clueless about but she had some speculations of her own about what it was. The obvious facts were that they were involved in the government and are now on the run from them.  Was she upset she had gotten involved? Oh yes, defiantly. Was she going to back away? If she could, probably not, but at the moment she didn't want to add Technoblade to the list of people hunting her.

Currently, they were hiding out in the woods. The trees had hunched over the two as Techno rummaged through his bag attempting to find something as he mumbled to himself. Azalea couldn't help but feel unease by her surroundings, something was off. On instinct, she brought her hand up to her neck and fiddled with Wilbur's necklace, the small flag design being something of a subconscious comfort to her. Between them was silence, not even the creatures in the woods were making noise, which was either a good thing or a very bad thing. A harsh wind picked up and sent some of their things flying in that direction, including Azalea's light bag of clothes and Technos red cape.

A string of curses left Technos mouth as he dropped what he was doing with his bag and went to go retrieve the bag and cape. He motioned for her to grab his bag and stay put as he began walking off towards the items. The wind was keeping a steady pace as it kept blowing past them making the trees shake and some of the leaves rustle and make noise. Within that mess of noise, she could hear another remote echoing sound. Marching? No... it was less aggressive than that, maybe footsteps? For sure not, it sounded like multiple people so it wouldn't be as quiet as footsteps. She looked up and around her to see the trees and try to identify the noise but when she looked back Techno was gone.

It felt like a few minutes until she could see a silhouette of Techno, the noise of people still resonating through the trees.

"Oh thank god, there you are, did you hear-"

She didn't get a chance to finish her sentence, Techno had run right into her and grabbed a hold of her arm, pulling her down to the ground with him. Right as he pushed her to the ground an arrow came souring above them and hit the tree beside them. The arrow embedded itself deep into the tree, the metal tip being buried out of sight. Azalea noticed Techno was empty-handed and had his hand on his blade that was resting on his hip.

"What-" She hissed in a whisper but Techno shut her up by placing his hand over her mouth. Azalea furrowed her brows and watched as he pointed to the torchlight coming closer to them.