𝟮𝟬.

𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝟭𝟳, 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵
𝗗𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘀 , 𝗧𝗲𝘅𝗮𝘀
𝗗𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗖𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰𝘁 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁
𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝟰𝟳
𝟴:𝟬𝟳𝗮𝗺

𝗧𝘆𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗲

   I took a deep breathe as my public defendant gave his opening argument, I turned my head looking into the crowd to see if Shaniyah had shown

   I took a deep breathe as my public defendant gave his opening argument, I turned my head looking into the crowd to see if Shaniyah had shown. Sure enough I found her seated between my Grandma, and younger sister.

   I let out a small sigh of relief, this last three weeks back in the system had been hell — back in the day, I didn't have shit going for me, I didn't give a fuck bout anything on the outside but now I'm a man, a father. I got someone dependent on me, who I gotta be a role model for.

So why was I sitting up here being charged for beating, and raping some little boy? 'Cause that's how deep my loyalty was to those I grew up with. I hadn't told shit since I'd been picked up. I had an alibi but nobody had heard from or seen my baby mama in weeks. I just prayed my son was straight.

The prosecution called their first witness. A short light skinned girl in a long black dress made her way to the stand. I took a breathe, this bitch was finna be the reason I spent my life behind bars as an innocent man.

My public defendant stood up, making his way to the front of the court.

"Miss Stevens," He called. "You were attacked the night of May 12th, correct?"

"Yes."

   "And you only went to the police with a description of my client Mr. Moore, towards the end of June," He lingered near the jury. "How come?"

   "I saw him, and remembered him."

   "But didn't from your attack you suffer memory loss, a concussion, some bleeding on the brain?"

   "Yes."

   "You were in the hospital nearly a month Miss Stevens, and while you were there in ICU, Mr. Moore was there in that same hospital with his ill grandmother."

   "Objection," The prosecutor yelled. "What does a sick grandmother have to do with this?"

   "I'm getting there."

   "I'll allow, overruled."

   "You could easily have seen my client there in the hospital, and your mind is tying him to something else entirely."

   "Because if six men brutally attacked you, how is my client the only face you can recall!"

The girl started to cry, cheap shoes was actually coming through for ya boy.

   ———————
𝗗𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘀 , 𝗧𝗲𝘅𝗮𝘀
𝗗𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗖𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰𝘁 𝗖𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁
𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝟰𝟳
𝟵:𝟭𝟳𝗮𝗺