𝟬𝟵.

𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝟭𝟵,𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵
𝗗𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗮𝘀, 𝗧𝗲𝘅𝗮𝘀
𝗜-𝟲𝟯𝟱
𝟮:𝟱𝟭𝗽𝗺

𝗘𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲

     I sighed glancing down at my phone screen as it began to vibrate between my thighs, stopping the flow of the music that was blasting through Rod's new speaker system

     I sighed glancing down at my phone screen as it began to vibrate between my thighs, stopping the flow of the music that was blasting through Rod's new speaker system. I had deleted the contact but the number was almost second nature to me.

   "You gon answer that," Rod called out as we continued down the street from the park towards the hospital where I was supposed to meet Shaniyah.

   "I-..," I sighed deeply. "It's Corey."

   "Aight," His eyes darted from me back to the road. "Answer it."

   I sighed sliding the screen connecting the call.

   "Aye ma,"  Corey greeted. "Wassup? It took you a  lil minute to answer."

   "Yeah," I stuttered a bit. "I'm kinda busy."

   "You still wit Rod bitch ass?"

   I looked over seeing Rod shake his head no.

  "No," I lied. "Wassup Corey? Why you calling me?"

   "I'm having a lil kickback tonight," His voice radiated through the speakers. "I wanted to invite you and Rod. Congratulate y'aw on the relationship and make amends."

   "Cor-..,"

   "Don't tell me no," He quickly cut me off. "I'm tryna do right by you. Talk to him and let me know."

   "Why didn't you call him?"

   "Had to make sure you ain blocked me," He responded. "Since you haven't I know there's still hope for us. Fa now though I'll respect ya lil relationship."

  I looked over at Rod, he didn't move a muscle or say a word but I could see his facial expression had tensed.

   "I gotta go," I hung up the call placing my hand over on Rod's free hand that rested on the console.

   "I'm sorry," I quickly apologized. "I promise you I'm completely over him."

   "Nah," He responded not taking his eyes off the road. "This gon be ova wit tonight."

   "What do you mean by that Rodriguez?"

   "What I said."

   "Rod," I shook my head. "You can't hurt him."

   "After all the shit he did to you," He shook his head as we pulled in front of the doctor's office. "Fuck are you protecting this nigga for? You still want him?"

   "No," I yelled out. "I left him because he was violent constantly. I can't sit through that shit again, he's trying to fix things with you."'

   He took a deep breath shaking his head. "It's three fifteen, you gotta go in and meet Niyah."