Chapter 19

Author's Pov

It was 11 am. Patricia was wearing a yellow floral dress and white sneakers. It was just below her knees and extremely light and soft. She didn't tie her hair up. No, she let the beautiful black strands fall carelessly on her shoulder. With a sling bag by her side, she was ready to hang out with the detective. Give him a tour of beautiful Munnar. Problem was, was he going to show up as he promised? Or did he change his mind?

She leaned on a nearby tree and waited for him to come. He was thirty minutes late. And that annoyed her. Looking at her watch for the 3rd time she huffed in frustration.

"Looks like he isn't going to show up", she told herself. "Well then, guess I'll just go back and finish that book I was reading"

She turned around to go up when she saw a rickshaw coming her way. It stopped in front of her and behold Detective Arjun Malhotra was in it. After giving the required payment, he got of the vehicle and turned towards the tree Patricia was leaning on. He showcased his beautiful smile as he walked towards her.

Patricia was not having it. First, he made her wait for thirty minutes then he had the audacity to smile at her and act as if nothing happened. Apart from all these things, she couldn't avoid one thing.

He looked astounding.

His attire was simple yet breathtaking. A plain white shirt with sleeves rolled up to his elbows. The first button was open showcasing a glimpse of his torso. Not too much to make him look like a creepy pervert. But enough to add on to that classy personality of his. His hair was a bit messy, with few hair strands falling on his forehead. And he wore ripped dark blue denim jeans.

"Sorry I was late, had a bit of work I needed to finish", he said as he walked closer.

"It's okay. At least you showed up", she replied. She wanted to change the topic immediately. "And why did you let the rickshaw go! We needed it!"

"Jeez! We will find another one, for now, tell me where are you taking me?"

"Right okay, first we will go to Mattupetty dam. It's the closest. It's a really pretty dam. The scenic beauty is magnificent. From there we will go to the Pothamedu viewpoint-"

"What viewpoint?", Arjun snickered.

"POTHAMEDU! Now shut up and listen"

"After which we will visit Anamudi Peak. We will trek there and have lunch. Lunch not in some classy restaurant. Nope! We will have street food. What the local villagers in stalls make. After Anamudi is done we will go to Blossom Park. It is not an amusement park. It is a pretty garden with beautiful flowers and boating facilities. So we gonna do boating after trekking and I know it is too much so after that we will come back!", Patricia squealed out in joy. She was extremely excited.

"Alright, let's get going then. But first, let me find another rickshaw", Arjun replied in a hesitant tone. This lets-have-fun concept was a bit new for him. Either way without wasting any more time they found a rickshaw and set off. Arjun didn't know how much carefree he was going to get in those few hours.

Their first destination Mattupetty dam took his breath away. Like literally away. It was just a dam. Yet so beautiful. The typical Munnar hills of different shades of green added to its beauty. Not to mention the colour of the water. It was crystal blue. Since they were near a water body, the speed and force of the wind was a lot there. The duo took multiple pictures. Arjun didn't have any problem in looking godly. The wind moved his hair to the side and that just made him look even more aesthetic. Patricia on the other hand struggled to maintain her long hair. They followed in the direction of the wind and made her look like some kind of witch from 90s horror movies. Arjun laughed till his stomach ached as he saw Patricia pose to take at least one pretty picture. But her hair had other plans for her.