Chapter 10

Patricia's Pov

"So you have met the detective before?"

"Yes"

"You shared the same flight with him and even had an awkward conversation?"

"Yes"

"And this afternoon he came to your house and didn't even remember you?"

"Yes"

"And he acted like a complete jerk?"

"Yes"

"WOAH THAT IS SO FREAKING COOL!", Praveen exclaimed.

I had told him everything that had happened since afternoon and well let's say it was too much for him to process. Behaving like a bewildered toddler, he paced around the drawing-room with long strides and kept asking me the same questions over and over again. I was exhausted by his nonsensical behaviour but I found it adorable as well.

After about fifteen minutes he finally sat on the sofa beside me and sipped his hot chocolate.

"Where the hell was I during this drama? Should have come with a bowl of popcorn", he said gleefully.

I facepalmed. Praveen was a big fan of the detective. The entire town was. As I said, Arjun was like a messiah for them. If only they knew what a pompous monkey he was.

"I think you should go home now", I said as I looked at the clock. It was 9 o'clock and pretty dark outside. "It's getting really dark, I don't want you to go home late. With whatever is happening outside". That last line came out as a whisper.

"Aww, you worried about me?", he cooed. I scoffed and slapped him on his shoulder. But in reality, I was.

"Well then, I guess you are right. I better leave now", he said finishing his hot chocolate and getting up from his seat.

I escorted him to the main door and when he was about to exit, he turned around and looked at me. His eyes were so warm and captivating, I felt like I was hypnotized by them. I was so engrossed in them I didn't notice he had moved forward and now was really close to me. Close enough that I could smell his scent. I noticed how his gaze shifted down to my lips but only for a second. He looked straight into my eyes again with those big dreamy, hazelnut orbs of his.

"You free tomorrow?", he asked in a smooth tone.

"Yes, why?"

"Want to have lunch with me? I know this good restaurant. You can see the tea gardens from there", he said inching a step forward.

"Fine, tomorrow at 1.30?", I asked looking at him, not breaking the staring contest that we were having.

"Done. I will pick you up and for the time being-", he paused and then finally said, "Take care of yourself"

With that, he turned around and left.

I closed the door behind me and leaned against it. My stomach was fluttering and I was blushing hard. Did he just ask me out on a date? And did I accept? Well, he was a sweetheart. How could I say 'no' to someone as cute as him?

And soon my mind took a trip down memory lane. I was leaning against the door, replaying all the memories I had with him. But my dreaming didn't last long because the doorbell rang again.

Who could it be this time?

I cautiously opened the door and in an instant, my smiling face turned into a scowl because Detective Jerk was standing in front of me with that signature Cheshire grin of his.