Epilogue

Patricia's pov

It was a fine morning.

My eyes opened as the scattered sunrays entered the room through the white frail curtains. Next thing that I noticed was Arjun's faint snores behind me. His arms were wrapped around my waist and he was sleeping soundly without a care in the world.

Yes, we had left Munnar and were back in Mumbai. It had been six months since we had left that place. Arjun had received a 5-day holiday after the Tranquil Predator was officially closed. After those five days, he was again assigned another task.

And me? I had started working again. Mrs. Mohanty had recommended me to her cousins marveling my work in decorating her house. So naturally I was getting requests as soon as I reopened. Business was booming and love life was perfect as well.

My place was only a thirty minute drive from Arjun's apartment. I was still roommates with Ruchika who had surprisingly taken good care of the house in my absence. Arjun used to visit us often because of the close distance between our homes. I had to admit he definitely was a ladies' man. He knew how to present himself and soon Ruchika gave a thumbs up to our relationship. Which was unusual because she hated my ex boyfriend and would love to show it. She became close friends with Arjun and would regularly tell him stories about my relationship with my cheating ex. They were like siblings and I was a laughing stock for them.

Since Ruchika was always at my place. Our private sessions would always be at Arjun's residence. Private sessions like this one. I felt sore and wanted to have a bath to freshen up. I tried to remove his heavy arm that barred me from getting up, but even in his sleep, Arjun refused to let me go. Pulling me closer every time I struggled.

I finally gave up and turned around to look at him. He sure was a prince made by the gods themselves. I grazed my fingers over the sharp jawline the man had. His hair had grown a lot in these past few months, and he was in dire need of a haircut. His face was as calm as the ocean, as he slept peacefully next to me. The sun rays seemed to caress his features giving his naked skin a magnificent golden colour. One of his arms was under my head and the other was over my bare waist. His musky scent made me go crazy. He looked like a harmless baby. A baby who was tall, strong and full of muscle tapering down to a narrow and taut waist. Couldn't check him out below that because of the white, silk sheets that covered him.

"Good morning Detective", I cooed lovingly.

"Bloody kids", he muttered groggily. I tried to control my laughter. Arjun's recent assignment was a college arson case. The suspects were first year college students which meant 18-19 yr olds. The case was closed last night and he had been grumbling over how irritating it was interrogating a bunch of kids who thought that the college library burning down was a cool thing.

"Arjun! I need to get up", I said again, this time a bit louder.

The ebony haired man finally opened his eyes and looked at me with warm smile on his face.

"Last night was amazing", he said in a husky voice and kissed my forehead.

"Sure it was, now if you would excuse me, I have an appointment with a client and I need to get ready!"

"Its at 12 in the afternoon right?"

"Ya"

"Then relax, we have enough time. I will drop you to your office", he said and buried his head in the crook of my neck.

This man!

"No! I want to get ready now. Get your arms off me!", I said in a more authoritative tone. But he knew I didn't want to get up either.

Shifting his weight forwards so that I was on my back, he rested his head on my chest and said "Try to break free now, Ms. Fernandez"

I didn't budge, my hands involuntarily went up to comb his hair. He curled in to my touch, holding me tightly like I was his lifeline. If only we could stay like this forever. But can't ignore work right?

"Arjun, please", I said in a soft tone.

He groaned in annoyance and finally let me go. Happy as I was, I gave him a quick kiss and quickly wore the garments which were lying on the ground.

As I was about to enter the bathroom with my work clothes in my hands, a pair of strong arms snaked around my waist. I looked back to see a giggling Arjun behind me.

"Please don't go", he pouted and kissed my shoulder.

"You know, I have my work. That client is pretty important", I countered.

Arjun sighed and said, "You know I love you right?"

"Yes I do"

"Then what do you say in return?"

"I love you too, my dear detective", I replied and pulled in him for a kiss. He didn't waste time to respond back.

Breaking the kiss in the middle he grinned cutely and said, "Wanna have shower together?"

"Fine! As long as you don't waste my time and we are out quickly", I huffed, trying to hide the blush on my cheeks.

My life was extremely simple. But I loved it either way and was happy with whatever I had. I was an independent woman. One who had a stable career, amazing friends, detective boyfriend. I was also a woman who was ironically strong and never gave up in the worst conditions. The Munnar trip had changed me in many ways. Apart from the seldom nightmares and PTSD which I will soon overcome, with Arjun and Ruchi by my side. It had also made me more confident, bold and brave. One of the things that I was grateful for, was meeting him. Detective Arjun Malhotra or in other words, my annoyingly egotistic Arjun.

A/N:

For those of you who don't know, this story was first constructed in August 2020. It was a short story on home invasion that I had written for a blog of my literary club. For some unknown reason it never got published. I sent the short story to few of my friends who were avid readers and all told me to continue it. So I changed 90% of the storyline, added new characters(Arjun :>). And that was how, I changed my short story into a novel and decided to publish it here because I wanted people to read it.

It is February 2021 now. Finally this story is over. I thank all those who read it, commented on it, voted for it. Thank you so much for motivating me to write further. There were times when I didn't feel like writing because there was no one to read. But that would change when I would read comments asking for updates. Thank you for motivating till the end. Those little stars and few words meant a lot to me. Where ever you all are, stay safe and happy always!