Chapter 3

Patricia's Pov

I was dumbfounded. Couldn't comprehend what just happened?

"I...uh...well", I stuttered trying to make coherent words.

He waited patiently for me to answer, hands folded together, looking intently at me with that smile plastered on his face. He had such an intense gaze. It looked like he was finding my loss of words amusing. After a few seconds, I did manage to say something.

"It is not like that at all. It is just that I am on a break from my work. My first holiday after many years so as you can see I am traveling again after a long time. And so, I really want to reach my destination quickly."

"I see, so you are going to Cochin for your holidays?", he questioned. He really was inquisitive. It was weird how straightforward he was with his questions as if it didn't even occur to him he was talking to a stranger.

"Cochin isn't my destination, Munnar is. However, the closest airport to Munnar is the Cochin International Airport. So naturally, I will land in Cochin first and then take a cab and go to Munnar. Have a house there, where I will be staying", I answered. I am not usually so open to strangers but there was something about him that assured me that I could trust him.

"So Munnar is your destination", he said. This time his eyes became cold and his smile faded a bit. But only for a split second. That smile was back again as if it never left.

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"No, not at all", he chimed "Just that one lady traveling alone sounds a bit dangerous, that's all."

"Excuse me? Thank you for your concern sir but I can take care of myself", I scorned.

Mr. Stranger didn't give a reply to that. He just went back to the nap he was taking. This guy was really arrogant. Does he have no etiquettes? I mean I am answering all his questions. can he not answer at least one of mine? I didn't even know his name, nor his job, or where he was going. But he definitely got to know quite a lot about me.

"Ok Patricia! From now on, don't talk to anyone! Especially not the charming man next to you, just stare outside the window and wait for your food to come", my brain ordered me. And I followed without any objections.

The rest of the flight was pretty quiet I had to admit. I gobbled up my food and watched Sherlock Holmes. Kept to myself and never once looked to my side. Things went pretty smoothly. Time passed by quickly. And soon we landed.

Oh how badly I wanted to get away from him. But I had to wait of course. There were people in front of us. The ones seated ahead of us were moving first. And on top of that our row was in the middle of the plane. So let's say both the back and front doors were pretty far from us, which meant waiting for other passengers to get off first. The anonymous guy and I stood patiently for our turn to move. Or more like he was patient. I was fidgeting with my feet because the lady in front of us was taking such a long time to assemble her belongings and move ahead.

Finally we got our turn to move too. I didn't have much cabin luggage other than my handbag and the guy just had a black briefcase to carry. We were out of our rows and in the plane hallway. Waiting for the exit. For those of you who don't know, in India, everything depends on the survival of the fittest. Be it traffic on the road. Or just people waiting in line to exit a plane. Everyone is impatient. Pushing, shoving is normal as if the exit doors are open for only a few minutes and will close again so one needs to leave quickly. 

There was this middle-aged man who was constantly nudging me from behind. Looked like he had a cab to catch or something.

I looked back at the unruly man and said "there is a line, please have patience, everyone will be able to leave.''

The man just scoffed with an arrogant look on his face. I turned back to face the front.

Who was in front of me? Mr. Stranger was. Being so close to him I took some time to look at his features properly. Quite tall, taller than me at least, and a strong back. Saw a bit of his jawline, it was extremely sharp. He had such an intoxicating smell, it made me wonder what cologne he used. He was wearing a black button-up shirt. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbow. Caught a glimpse of his forearms because of that. Few veins protruded out and that looked kind of hot.

"Come on, touch them", my innermost voice suggested to me. 

What! No! Of course not!

It was weird how I was checking out a random stranger in front of me but I was not ashamed, not one bit. This man looked so simple yet so stunning.

My ogling didn't last long though. Because soon enough the unruly man behind just pushed me ahead. And I slammed against the rock hardback of the guy I was eyeing.

Shit.

He turned around to look at me.

"I am so sorry, I...uh...well this guy pushed me" I stuttered with my words.

"It's alright, here, come in front of me", he said as he shifted to his side for me to move ahead.

I quietly moved ahead and he stood behind me. He then turned around to face the man that pushed me and gave him one good glare. That glare was enough to tell the man not to try such a stunt again.

Who the hell was this guy?

He turned around again to face me and showcased his charming smile.

"Thank you", I murmured as I looked at him.

"No problem love, besides I noticed how you were checking out my back, thought about giving you a front view as well", he replied clicking his tongue.

And in a split-second, I was beet red. "I did nothing of that sort! Please get off that high horse of yours", I countered and faced the front. I did not have the guts to face him. Not after what he said. Not after what he called me.

"Love"

Said man was busy chuckling behind me. He had a really sweet laugh.

We got off the plane and went towards the belt to collect our suitcases. That didn't take much time. After which we headed towards the exit.

Mr. Stranger was beside me this entire time. It was only when we were about to part our ways when he asked me "What's your name?"

"Patricia", I replied instantly. Why do I have to answer every single question of his I mentally facepalmed. But I don't think there is any harm in asking him what his name was right?

"What's yours?", I questioned

"Arjun"

"Oh well, goodbye Arjun", I smiled.

"Goodbye for now, but I think we will be meeting again", he replied with a glint in his eyes as he turned around to leave.

What the hell was that supposed to mean?