Chapter 26*

Author's Pov

Arjun only took a two-hour nap. He spent the entire afternoon talking to his seniors. He had to explain why couldn't he catch Raghu alive. They were mad at him (of course) for failing to deliver the criminal to the court where he would be punished properly. However, at the same time they were relieved the problem was over once and for all.

In the evening, Arjun visited Patricia. She was beyond happy to hear the news that the town was finally safe again. She couldn't contain her excitement and kissed him on his lips. It was a ferocious and passionate kiss. Arjun responded immediately. He was glad to be with her again. He wanted to spend his entire evening with her.

He was relaxed and happy. It felt like he had just returned to his lady love after winning a war. However, no matter how joyful he looked, there was still a part of his brain that was telling him that maybe there was a mistake in judgement.

"Arjun? Wanna watch a movie?", Patricia called out from inside the bedroom. She was in there for a long time. What the hell was she doing? he thought.

"Yeah, sure! Which one? ''

"I don't know. You look like someone who might like Seven. Wanna watch that?"

"Okay will do", he replied. Arjun wasn't paying any attention to his surroundings. That fear that maybe all of this was not over yet, was gnawing him. Maybe because of how he was fixated on the entire case all this time, it was difficult to get it out of his head now.

Raghu was the Tranquil Predator. All clues pointed towards him, yet Arjun was not satisfied. Because the forensic results weren't out yet to confirm the death of the monster that had been terrorizing the peaceful town. However, for the time being, he was going to rest. It had been a hard day for him and he was tired.

Spending some time with little, timid, and cute Patricia was what he wanted to do. It had only been a few weeks but yet they had come a long way together. From mortal enemies to friends to lovers. He closed his eyes and got rid of all those murder theories that were running through his mind and replaced those with memories of his and Patricia's time together.

Speaking of the girl, he heard her footsteps as she entered the hallway. Shaking his head to get rid of all his thoughts he looked up at Patricia.

And his jaw dropped.

For there she was dressed in a light pink, sleeveless, satin-laced nightgown that was dangerously short with a neck that was dangerously deep too. There was an intricate white thread work that started from the straps and ended in a small and cute bow in the chest region that stood out. She wore a satin pink robe on top of her gown hiding the sight of her beautiful arms. The robe wasn't that long either. It was till her upper thighs but just a bit longer than the nightgown. Her hair fell carelessly on her shoulder. And she looked like someone the gods had made themselves. His eyes studied every feature of her body and he started having this urge to get up, walk towards her and kiss her hungrily, again.

No more hiding feelings or teasing for fun. He wanted her.

Her eyes, on the other hand, weren't looking at him though. They were busy studying the CD she had in hand.

"Looks a bit old but I think it will work fine", she said as she finally looked up at him.

"Hmm ya will do", he replied mechanically. He wasn't concerned about the movie anymore. His big black eyes ogled her from head to toe over and over again.

Patricia noticed this. She was enjoying it. Seeing him so flustered and at a loss of words amused her. She dressed up that way on purpose. Up till now, it had always been Arjun being in power and teasing her, but now? Now she was in power. And she had planned to tease him a lot that night. It was her way of payback.

Ignoring him she walked up to the DVD player acting oblivious to Arjun's behaviour. Inserting the CD in, she plopped on the sofa beside Arjun. Giving him a warm hug and a quick kiss on the cheek she said "you did a great job over these past few days. Now just relax, it's all over". He looked confused and that was really cute. The mighty detective who has an amazing success rate had no idea what was going on.

"Mhm", was all he said. Patricia was enjoying how she was controlling him.

Resting her head on his chest and tucking herself in comfortably on the couch she dimmed the lights and started the movie.

The night was going well. For Patricia at least. Arjun was a hot mess. He was as stoic as ever alert of his surroundings trying to figure out what was she up to. Was she trying to seduce him? No, she was just watching the damm movie. Why was she wearing that? Because she wanted to of course.

"It is not always about you Arjun. She can wear whatever she wants, it doesn't mean anything" he kept telling himself over and over again.

He tried to focus on something other than her. Clearing his throat, Arjun said "So, Praveen is innocent"

"Told you so", she replied with her eyes focused on the movie.

"Ya, well tell him thank you from my side. For you know, saving you that day, in the woods"

"Sure will do. He was pretty heroic actually. I called the store, he picked up, heard and it took him barely ten minutes to come to my rescue"

"Hmm", said Arjun, and the suffocating silence returned in the hall as one person was busy watching a movie and the other was trying to focus on the movie.

About 75% into the movie, Patricia decided to get to work.

"I have watched this movie so many times, it bores me now", Patricia yawned as she slowly lied down on his lap.

"Why watch if it bores you?", Arjun asked trying to ignore the fact that she was lying on his lap and had cupped his upper thighs between her palms as if it were some kind of pillow.

"I thought you would like it", she replied in a fake sleepy voice. "don't worry about me, I am just taking a quick nap." Now Arjun was in a fix. He couldn't move because Patricia was peacefully sleeping on his lap.

Or was she sleeping?

*****MATURE CONTENT AHEAD*****

Ten minutes later, Patricia got to the second phase of her plan. Palming his thighs in a very firm way she gently brushed her lips on his thighs. She felt his muscles contract under her touch. He felt the kiss. She kissed him again, this time moving a bit upwards. Arjun did his best to keep his composure. One hand gripped the backrest, Other hand was on the armrest. He was afraid to touch her, knowing damn well he wouldn't be able to take his hands off her then. He was trying to ignore her and concentrate on the plot of the movie.

Happy as she was at his reaction, she continued kissing him even curling to face his stomach and kissing him again travelling up. Each muscle contracted under her touch, and silent breathy sighs escaped his mouth. His eyes were on the movie but she knew his mind was somewhere else. She was in total control.

When she was near his waistband, she abruptly stopped and sat up straight, rubbing her eyes and pouting as if she just woke up from her nap.

*****MATURE CONTENT FINISHED*****

"You know what? I am going to bed. Too tired to watch this movie right now. Goodnight", she said as she tied her robe over the front hiding the view from him and got off the couch to go over to the bedroom.

Arjun was mystified.

"Wait, that's it?", his mind whined. Patricia was gleaming. She had finally got him so flustered his face was crimson red.

What she didn't expect was what was going to happen next. Arjun caught her, picked her up and plopped her back on the couch. Before she could figure out what just happened he got on top of her. Holding her hands beside her head, he whispered into her ears in a dark and metallic voice, "enough games, you had your share of fun, let me have mine". He concluded his little line with a hot and wet kiss below her neck.

And that was when she realised. She might have gone a bit too far.

A/N:

:D.....Comment and vote!!