Chapter 19

I pace back and forth in my room, trying hard to calm myself down. Unfortunately,the silence screams of a storm brewing on horizon. I had thought that after declaring in front of Justin that how much intention I have of throwing him and his buddies in a prison, he would surely kick me out of the car and then maybe run me over with it. But of course no such thing happened. Instead, he gave me a small smile, nodded and continued typing on his phone. And what did I do?

I stupidly turned my face back to the road and tried my best not to squirm in uneasiness. I had the fear that at any moment I might heart the cock of a pistol and then BANG! It was not easy to picture my brains splattered all over the windscreen of the car.

I try not to picture the possible outcomes of my stupidity. My mind keeps imagining all the horrendous ways Justin could implore on me as a punishment of my outburst.

In this state of turmoil, I hear hurried footsteps near my room. I hold my breath.

Here comes my doom!

As the door is pushed open, I have already said prayers to God to help me. To my surprise, Melody is standing infront of me with her big brown eyes and brown hair.

She eyes me judgingly and I shift uncomfortably.

''You look scared.'' She says with a questioning tone.

''I...no...that's...'' she interrupts me with a wave of her hand.

''Whatever. We are going to do baking and by the end of it you'll probably tell me why you looked like the way you looked like when I entered.'' she smiles goofily at the end.

I exhale in relief. I need her chirpiness right now. She is definitely the ticket to my survival today.

I follow her down to the kitchen.

**TWO HOURS LATER**

''It took me longer than usual because of you.'' she blames me as I dish out the brownies we baked together.

I shrug. ''Well, it's not my fault you ran low on cocoa powder.''

''You were the one who dropped all of it on the floor. I mean who even does that?'' She glares at me. I sigh inwardly. She was supposed to be all happy and lively, not throw laser at me with her eyes as if she would have killed me if someone gave her a go.

''You can't blame me when you put a table spoon of vinegar instead of vanilla essence. I mean who even does that?'' I mimic her as I clean the debris from the countertop.

''And who is to blame for that! You said that Noah Centineo is sexier than Robert Pattison. I had to justify that you were wrong! I got distracted.'' she exclaims while throwing her hands in air.

I glare at her. "Are you stupid? Noah is way more intriguing then Pattison!"

She shakes her head. 'Stop. Don't you start again with all this bullshit."

I scoff. For me Noah is the perfect husband material. God! My insides are already melting just by thinking of him.

I set the brownies to cool. Melody puts icing on them.

"Woah.woah who puts icing on brownies?" I ask her.

She rolls her eyes. "I do." And then she sticks her tongue out at me.

I raise my brows. "Really mature." I taunt her but she shoves me out of the kitchen.

"You aren't getting no brownies."

"If I don't get them you'll never get the ones I bake. Ever." I try to threaten her.

She laughs, mocking me. "As if it'll stop me from not giving you any."