Chapter 14

Hey buddies !!
Check out this awesome cover by Rosella_Crowns (thanks dear)
And yeah, I'm back with another chapter 😋
I'll try my best not to make it just a filler chapter 😂
So, enjoy 😉!

The breakfast was the most awkward one I had ever had. Justin was reading newspaper while drinking coffee. He didn't touch anything else and I could literally feel a dark aura oozing out of him. I was so hungry that I nearly munched all the food items set on the dinning table. And to make it specific, I could feel his gaze linger on me every now and then. A few minutes later, I felt that the silence was suffocating, so, I tried to break it, and I had just opened my mouth to speak when he stood up and left.

Disappointing much but I remember exhaling in relief.

As I got free, I saw a girl approaching me with a smile on her face. She was wearing a maid outfit and her blonde hair was cascading down her shoulders in waves. Her heels were clicking loudly on the floor that made me wonder if she spent all her day click-clacking around in those heels.

"You are Emma, right?" She asked me as soon as she reached near me.
I nodded and was immediately engulfed in a hug. Surprised, I pulled back and looked at her incredulously. She was wearing a goofy smile on her face and her face looked like a high power lighted bulb, if that can make any sense.

"Oh my gosh! We finally have another girl here!" She exclaimed and twirled around happily while I just watched her astoundingly.

She then looked at me and chirruped once again and clapped her hands.
"Look, all the maids here, they are old hags except me. I'm sorry, I don't mind old people but they just, you know, sometimes get on your nerves! The old maids working here are irritating like hell and it sucks to be a lonely young survivor here and it feels like I'm at a battle with them every single day! Can you even imagine it? They gossip like old turtles who have like, lived thousands of years! You don't know that it gets really annoying but recently I heard one of them saying that Master has brought in a new pet who's young, a teenager to be precise. And, look here I am. I finally found you my friend!"
She blabbered so much that I felt as if I would faint. I lost her somewhere near old hag and only picked the word "pet" from her chatter. Before I could get angry at her for calling me his pet, she again engulfed me in a bone crushing hug.

Thanks to my lucky stars, she drew back immediately.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't introduce myself. I'm Melody."

I smiled back and shook hands with her. I watched her eyes twinkle.
"It's nice to meet you Melody."

"Likewise. Now, it's time I show you around." She beckoned me to follow suit.

I got excited and moved along with her. She told me that the stairs in front of us lead directly to the basement and I nodded in agreement 'cause in my last visit that was where I was kept. Horrid pictures of my torture suddenly began to flash through my eyes as I recalled past memories.

"There are a few torcher cells in the basement where Master keeps some of his specimens." She said and shivered inwardly.
"But most of them are taken to the Base Camp which is stationed somewhere near the south but all I know is that most of the gang's activities are held there."

She began to move to the left while I just followed her in a lost trance.

"You've already seen the dining hall. Here's the kitchen." She gestured towards it and I stood there in awe. I had seen the artistry designs in the dining hall but even the kitchen was dripping elegance.

My so called apartment's kitchen was nothing compared to this huge one. A few maids were busy bustling around cooking various dishes. The aroma wafting in the air was turning up my appetite despite the fact that I just had had my breakfast.