Chapter 17

WE JUST HIT 100K, GUYS!!!,🥳🥳💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

Pic of David: above

I double over as another bubble of laughter escaped my mouth. I giggled again trying hard not to laugh.

"It's no that funny!" David exasperatedly threw his arms in the air.

I nodded, still smiling. "Yes, it is."

Right now David and I were sitting together after watching A Walk To Remember. I intended to bore him with this sad romantic movie and thought that he would give up watching but instead he watched it intently and at the end he was all tears. I was shocked at first but then considering the emotional uplift, I tried to change his mood and ended up telling him jokes. He responded with his jokes and told me how he had put colour dye in the shampoo of Ronald who as a result had turned red headed. Just picturing that broody man in red hair made me laugh. Later, Ronald avenged himself by putting rainbow food colour in David's toothbrush. Consequently, his teeth turned green like the skin of Hulk.

And that made me laugh hard.

"Fine, laugh all you want." He huffed annoyingly and crossed his arms across his chest like a four year old boy.

"Alright, alright. No need to get offended."

He rolled his eyes and in that moment it didn't feel like he was a man but a mere child. Then he looked at his wrist watch and jumped.

"Damn. It's midnight already. You need to sleep as you have a full day ahead of yourself." He stood up and moved towards the door.

I raised a brow. "You know?"

He scoffed. "I'm his best henchman. I know everything before hand."

I followed him out of the room. "Sure you do, but you won't tell me anything."

He glanced at me and waited as I reached close to him. Then he slang his arm across my shoulder and whispered, "Let's keep our friendship trouble free."

I ignored his action and looked at him questioningly, "We are friends?"

"You break my heart, friend." He sighed dramatically and put his hand over his heart.

I smiled and realised that maybe I had made another friend in this mansion. But as we were moving towards my room, I spotted Justin looking at us weirdly from a distance near the stairs and then he quickly rushed upstairs to his room.

David whistled. "Someone's jealous."

I think my cheeks tinged red. I hid them behind the curtain of my hair but it was too late.

"You are blushing."

"Shut up."

He smirked. "You can help me with that."

I glared at him. Did he just hint at something or I was being over imaginative.

"Get lost!" I pushed him aside and entered my room.

"Goodnight friend," he winked at me and sauntered off.

I sighed and shut the door only to find myself smiling at the idea of a new friend and the prospect of visiting aunt tomorrow. I jumped on the bed excitedly and soon sleep enveloped me.

Next morning I found myself sharing the table with Justin. I had woken up early and come down to find him having his breakfast and as usual he was reading the newspaper alongside.

"Good morning," I singsonged and that's when I realised my mood was quite pleasant and cheerful.

He didn't disappoint me by not replying but I still frowned. Yesterday, he was the one who kissed me and now he was back to his frustrating persona. I dismissed the thought as soon as it came because I knew it would leave me sad.

Captured On Misconception On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara