Chapter 16

**
Enjoy reading!!!
**

"—hey! Wakey wakey Emma!"
I heard a feminine voice calling out to me. Then someone shook my arm. Frustratingly, I fluttered my eyes open, only to find the face of Melody hovering over me.

She grinned as she watched me sit up on the bed. I rubbed my eyes and tried to concentrate on what was happening.

"What is it?" I mumbled while stifling a yawn.

"I brought you breakfast." She held a tray in her hand and then put it on the dresser.
"Come on, it's already too late."

I groaned. "What time is it?"

"Eleven in the morning." She quipped.

"What! Why  did you not wake me up before!" I nearly screamed and scrambled off the bed. The events of previous night unfolded in my mind and suddenly a horrid sensation passed over me.

I looked at Isabel trying to decipher the situation whether there was something suspicious.

You will see his dead body tomorrow.
I shivered involuntarily.
"Uh, there's not a dead body outside my door, right?" I asked her.

She looked at me gobsmacked. Then she ran to me and put her hand on my forehead, concern flashing in her eyes.

"Your body temperature is normal. So, did you hit your head somewhere or did you watch a serial killer movie?" She asked me.

I looked at her incredulously. What was she saying?

When I didn't reply she waved her arms around dramatically.
"Why would there be a dead body outside your room? Wait...Oh! Don't tell me you killed someone! I didn't know you had it in you!" She gasped and punched my arm lightly.

I rolled me eyes. Here goes her rambling again.

"Have your breakfast quickly. Then we have to begin our preparations!" She exclaimed happily.

I sighed. She woke me up late whereas I was planning to have breakfast early with Justin so I could get a chance to ask him my questions. I couldn't stay here  on his will without having the least of knowledge of the reason why I was here, married to him.

But I was relieved somehow. He didn't actually kill James, and that was enough to put my nerves at ease.

"Preparation for what?" I asked her as I headed to the bathroom to perform morning rituals.

"Oh! That's the best part! We are having a party in the house! Yayy!" She jumped excitedly and I wondered where she gets all her energy from, considering the fact that she is always cheery.

I stopped as her words sunk in my mind.
"Wait, party? A party in the house?" I asked her cluelessly.

"Yup. Master said we can have a mini party in the afternoon because of the good news." She told me as she mindlessly twirled her hair around her finger.

"What good news?"

"We found the lost shipment early in the morning. It has lots of ammunition and goods, so, everyone was asking for a party."

I sighed. It had nothing to do with me, so I just stepped in the bathroom wondering how I could convince Justin to let me visit my family.

A few minutes later, I stepped out only to find Melody sitting in my bed with the breakfast tray in her lap. It seemed as if she were mentally eating the food with her eyes.

"You can eat it if you want. I don't have the appetite." I told her as I flopped down on the bed.

She shook her head and looked at me angrily.
"It has turned cold because of your lazy ass. Besides, I already had mine."