Chapter 12

~~~~
Emma's POV
"So, what's your plan for today?" Isabel asked me.
She was making pancakes and the aroma was very enticing.
"Don't know." I shrugged.

"Your Uncle and cousin, Jack, has returned," Isabel informed me, "Claudine called when you were asleep. She told your uncle and Jack 'bout everything. Plus, J is pretty furious. He wanted to come here straight but Claudine stopped him."

I rubbed my temple and groaned. "Ugh! I didn't want them to worry about it."
"Jack is coming here in the evening." She told me.

I seated myself on the stool near the kitchen counter and closed my eyes.
"I missed him."

She eyed me warily. "You love him, don't you?"

I opened my eyes quickly. I didn't know that I loved him. Though we've been together as cousins since a long time and neither of us has made a move, but I feel so safe when I'm around him.
"He makes me feel special and the time I spend with him is always full of fun. Does it count as love?" I asked her.

She merely shrugged. "Don't know but it's definitely something."

"He's the best cousin one can have." I said as his face flashed in my eyes.

"Why do I feel like he's more than a cousin to you? I've seen the way he looks at you. He adores you, better yet, he loves you." Isabel said putting the cup beside the coffee machine.

I stood up abruptly that the stool fell on the floor.
"What..what did..you just say?" I asked her incredulously. In no way she could be saying what I had heard.

Izzu turned around and looked at me. She folded her hands in-front of her chest.
"Seriously? You don't get it that he loves you?" She said it so easily that I couldn't fathom it's reality.

"I,,uh guess no?"
My heart started beating faster. I was always attracted towards Jack but I never made a move because I was afraid he wouldn't reciprocate my feelings. Now hearing that he might be in love with me, my heart skipped a beat. Heat flushed to my cheeks.

"Now don't go wondering around in your fantasy land. Just see him when he comes in the evening and you'll notice the way he will look at you." She handed me my coffee.

I grinned, imaging that situation.
"By the way, Anna will be coming shortly." Isabel informed me as she placed mouthwatering pancakes in front of me.
Anna was her elder sister. She had a naughty son—Blake was his name. Together we three would always irritate the hell out of Izzu.
Thinking about it, I grinned.
"I'm excited!" I exclaimed and delved into the pancakes, moaning all the while as the delicious taste heightened up my hunger.

Isabel rolled her eyes. She took a seat infront of me and began savouring her pancake.
"Of course you are excited. But I'm telling you one thing, if any of you gets on my nerves, I'll kick you all out of my apartment." She warned by aiming her fork at me.

I chuckled. "Sure, you would."

"Don't take it as a harmless threat, I'm tel—" she was cut short by the ringing of door bell.
"I'll get it." I stood up abruptly and rushed to the door enthusiastically. I turned around and winked at Isabel. She sighed and shook her head. Probably 'cause she knew she would be teased to an unbearable point.

I grinned and opened the door.
"Welco—" my voice died down and my face paled. The grin on my face was long gone.
There stood in front of me, none other than Justin. My mind became numb and my heart started beating faster. What a contradiction !