Falling, Fallen (angst)

Sitting on the tender grass, my head up in the sky, filled with uncertain thoughts, I waited for you to come outside from the premises.

My classes got over earlier than yours, and it was obvious that I'd wait for you since I always do. I vaguely heard the bell go off, and immediately my eyes were fixed on the university gates now.

You came outside. Long overcoat, black t-shirt, black jeans. You always call me, first thing in the morning, and ask me your outfit of the day. It's natural for best friends to do that.

My lips curled into a fresh smile as I got up, dusting the dirt off my pants, and tugging over my bag straps.

"You ready?" I asked, and you flashed your boxy smile to me as we left for your house. It was a routine: Going to your house, playing games, hanging out. Sometimes I would sleepover because I don't wanna go back to my house, and hear my mom and dad fighting at 2 am. It's tiring but I've gotten used to it. You don't know about it though. How am I supposed to tell you? There are a lot of things I haven't told you.

"How was your day?" I asked as I kicked a pebble.

"Hmmm....Kind of nice. The professor was angry because I didn't submit my project on time, but then I got to see Ji-yoo, so it made me happy" you had a pretty smile on your face as you looked down on the stoned pathway. I couldn't help but scoff and smile.

"What are we eating today?" I asked as you hummed.

"Oh! I ordered these really tasty Japanese desserts and of course, we also have instant ramen" you cheered up. Sweets always cheer you up. I still remember the day when we went to the ice cream shop that newly opened, you had those starry eyes as you looked at the flavours, deciding which one to choose. Those eyes remind me of how you always look whenever ji-yoo is around.

You halted in your tracks which made me do the same as I looked at you.

"Shit! I totally forgot! Han invited us to his birthday party" I started walking again, ignoring the information you just gave me.

"I won't go" I replied and heard you gasp.

"Jungkook~ But Ji-yoo is coming! You need to help set us up" you said, catching up to me and putting your arms around me.

I looked at you. There they are. Those doe eyes pleading to me. How can I say no? How can I say yes? I've always wanted to reject your requests, but there's something in me that just cannot. And, I've always hated that something in me. Prone to you.

"Fine" I sighed as you chirped happily.

We got to your house and got ready. I was aphonic looking at you. Your blonde hair looked shinier than diamonds. You donned a metallic jacket over your signature black t-shirt and jeans. How is it that you start looking more beautiful each time I look at you?

You shook my hand to get me out of my paralysed mind that was responsible for looking at you for so long.

You took my hand and made me sit inside the taxi. As soon as we reached the venue, your eyes started searching for Ji-yoo.

I had a straight expression over my face all the time we were at the party. These things do not entertain me. I would rather be happy playing games and eating unhealthy food with you at your house.

But, of course, we prioritize different things. You gasp, your eyes lighting up when you found Ji-yoo. She looked beautiful, I could see it through your eyes.

You left my hand as you briskly walked up to her. I saw you approach her. I knew she liked you too, there was that look in her eyes too.

Jimin reached up to me and patted my shoulder. I looked at him and gave him a small smile.

You look at me and smile at me before walking away with Ji-yoo to somewhere.

"He's not yours" I could hear jimin even through the deafening music and I smiled.

"I'm very well aware of that fact"

I walk unguardedly through the stoned pathway towards my house. You'll likely get kissed by her, you'd probably even do it, and tomorrow, I'd be walking these stoned pathways alone. So I'm thinking of getting used to it.

I close the door of my house and walk upstairs towards my room, ignoring the muffled screams coming from the living room, a smile plastered over my face.

I lay down on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. It's not as pretty as the sky but both introduce me to uncertain thoughts.

You'll probably be looking at her with those dazzling, starry eyes of yours. You might have realized by now that she looks at you the same way.

Only if you could have realized that if she holds stars for you in her eyes, I hold galaxies in mine for you.

Only if you could see through my eyes, how I look at you.

My friends watch me type messages I'll never send you. I try to be the best best friend in front of you, but when I'm at this place, looking up, talking to the moon, I can't pretend to be alright.

I sometimes yell at the sky for not telling you how I feel.

I wonder how you would feel if I told you about these unspoken feelings or if you've ever felt some for me.

But I'm not that courageous. I fear losing you more than losing these feelings.

A tear slips out of my eye as I smiled, looking at the pale ceiling, I could hear a plate crashing downstairs.

I wonder if you've ever stared at the sky and thought about me and cried.

Because I always do.