A world where we exist (soft angst, au)

Taehyung's POV

The night runs down just like the rain that's flowing down my already soaked clothes. I know the train has left the station, but so have my friends and my family. There is no one to go home to. I look up, the raindrops hitting my eyelashes, making me blink. The illuminated big buildings with huge holographs shadowing them. Living in 2025, I have observed people growing their love for high-tech gadgets, and I learn myself hating them. People have turned into machines, their love has turned robotic, and even with thousands of devices surrounding them, they are alone. Just like me. Ever since Dad and my boyfriend died, I feel like I have lost hope of being with someone, lost the feeling of being loved. My friends have left me for good and the world seems uninteresting now. Nobody would lay an eye if I just jumped from the bridge and died.

I sighed and started walking but something glowing in the garbage dump caught my eye. Ah yes, the new device that was introduced by a company. Apparently, it can take you to another universe where you can fulfill your incomplete desires. I gulped my saliva as something inside me drew me towards the device. I picked it up and shoved it inside my pocket before leaving for home.

Closing the door behind me, I could hear the loud thump of a plate banging on the dining table. "Do you even what time it is, Taehyung?!" A loud shrill was heard as I sighed with my tired eyes looking at my step-mom. I had no energy or interest in replying to her question as I dumped my bag on the couch and locked myself in my room. I stared myself into an empty space while my mother continuously banged her fist over the door.

Suddenly, I remembered about the thing I had taken/stolen from the garbage can. I fumbled with it within my fingers while staring at its blinking. I sighed as I put it on the side of my forehead. As it connected, I could feel myself closing my eyes.

As I opened my eyes, I could hear faint music playing from somewhere. I blinked twice before registering that there was a bar designed like an ancient Japanese temple in front of me. I walked inside and it confused me that I could understand every word which was written in Japanese. I read the name of the bar, "Your Soulmate." I know, kinda weird to have that as a name but it intrigued me as I entered. The place was beautiful. Bright lights flashed as people danced with their partners. It was giving futuristic Japan vibes with cherry blossoms flowing and holograms that projected Japanese writings. I wandered my eyes here and there, my heart picking up the pace for no reason. And then my eyes landed on someone. If seeing people made my heart beat faster, seeing him stopped it. It stopped everything. The music, the lights, the people dancing on their feet on the floor. 

He had jet black eyes that matched his dark black hair, styled in place. He was wearing a black shirt, the buttons all open as I could see his chiseled abs and the tattoos that donned his hands. I could see the same fire in his eyes that I had. Even if he was just standing there, I could see him coming closer to me. Was I moving towards him? Was he coming? I couldn't understand one thing. All I knew was that I wanted him near me, to comfort me, all my life. I was a few inches away from him and I could see every little thing written on his face. The hurt, the love, the pain, everything. He was just like me, and I was just like him. 

This was my incomplete desire. He was my incomplete desire. 

With no words spoken, I threw myself in his arms as he grabbed my neck and pulled me in a kiss. Tears automatically started flowing out of my eyes. It was magical. He made everything magical. I didn't want to explain and he didn't want an explanation. We just needed each other, in each other's arms. He lifted me and took me away from everyone. Somewhere where we could be together. 

He laid me on a soft bed that was placed on an open patio, covered with cherry blossom trees and white curtains. All my life, I've never believed in fate, I've never believed in love, but today, I felt every damn thing unfelt. He took no time to remove his shirt and pull me in for a kiss. I said nothing as I kissed him back with the same intensity.