Chapter 13: Suicide?

I woke and looked outside. It was night huh...I look down at my arms and saw Kurama in my arms. He looked so cute. "Hey Kurama...?" I wasn't planning on waking him up but.
"What?"
"I was trying to see if you were awake...."
"As you can see, I am!"
"I'm sorry for yesterday."
"It's fine...I understand its hard knowing the truth behind this world."
"What if it was never meant to be like this...What if the world should've ended that day?"
"Could be...And the only survivors would've been us...You're not planning on dying on me are you?"
"No...Not until I see Naruto become Hokage."
"And then what?"
"...I don't know. I guess I'll stop being the hero...I never wanted to become the hero..."
"Me neither Kit."
"Still calling me kit huh."
"Because you act like one!"
"Okay, okay I get it" I said. I carefully stood up and put on my vest. "Are you up for a night walk?"
"Sure." He said and turned into a human. "Wouldn't it be unfair if you're the only one walking?" I opened the door and went to check up on the kids, Naruto was gone...We'll need to be careful not to get caught by him.

We left the house and entered the forest. "So why don't we talk about the future, after Naruto becomes Hokage."
"I don't know...I might as well die...or keep going, but...there's no point in living after that, is there." Kurama placed his hand on my shoulder.
"Do you think Naruto will be proud of you or even himself, he and everyone that know you will be traumatized if they find out you died, or committed suicide."
"But this world is only a fake."
"A fake for us but not for them, you're their hero. You have already saved Obito, Rin, Minato and Kushina."
"But how many did I not save? I didn't save them fully, I saved the copies, the real ones are dead, and they were killed by our hands... I can't take this anymore..." tears started to form. "I couldn't save my dad; I can't save him no matter what I do." We reached a cliff, I was surprised, and if I didn't stop I might have fallen. I sat on the edge. "I can never be the hero. And I'm only a stepping stone for the new future. I never wanted this...I never wanted to become a hero all I wanted is to live then, after I met the new team 7, all I wanted is to see them grow up. When I saw Obito behind that mask all I could think is: I'm nothing but trash, I failed to save him, I failed to live I failed my life, my friends and my students, sure I wanted to go back and save them but...it's too much pressure..."
"Kakashi sensei?" I looked at where the voice came from and saw Naruto, Rin, and Obito.
"How much of it did you hear?" I asked.
"All of it Kakashi..." Rin said. I stood up.
"Kakashi what the hell did you mean?" Obito asked.
"What does it mean you failed yourself, and us? And the part when you said about a hero?" Naruto asked.
"I'm sorry..." I was about to step back but my eyes widened when Kurama hugged me and pulled me away from the cliff. "Kurama..."
"Is that...the nine tails?" Rin asked.
"But isn't he sealed in Naruto?" Obito said. He walked up to Naruto and checked the seal.
"Kurama..."
"Kit don't you dare jump...I'm not allowing you to die. You know there's someone out there...You are the only hope." Kurama said.
"I'm sorry." I hugged Kurama back tightly. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I don't know what's gotten into me...I'm...sorry...For this..." I stepped back with Kurama close to me.
"Kakashi!" The three shout.
"What did you do?"
"I'm sorry Kurama I can't live like this not anymore, I'm sorry everyone..." I closed my eyes and opened them back and I was surprised. "What did I do?" I uncovered my eye "Kamui!" I teleported back up onto the cliff with Kurama just before I hit the ground.
"Kakashi!" They shouted in surprise.
"I'm sorry...I didn't want this to happen."
"Why the fuck didn't you stop him or save him nine tails!" Obito shouted. They all had tears in their eyes.
"I'm sorry Kurama, I didn't want to jump I didn't want to die I didn't Kurama I'm sorry."
"Hey Kit its fine. You did what you had to do, by stepping and falling, you realised you didn't want to die and that you didn't want to leave the world even if its fake...I'm proud of you Kit."
"I'm sorry Kurama...I would've been the reason you would've died and...I'm sorry...I don't want to die, my father wouldn't want his son dying the way he died..."
"It's okay Kit...Now calm down, take a big breath...You should relax."
"Kurama...Thank you...for being here with me...If it weren't for you I would've died already...I...I'm sorry, You did so much for me yet I did nothing but this..."
"You did more than this...Now go to sleep you'll need it." I felt warm in his embrace and I closed my eyes. My head was already on his shoulder and I fell asleep.

Kurama's POV
"What the hell did you do and why are you in Kakashi! It was because of you he jumped what did you say to him!" Obito started to shout.
"Calm down don't you see the Kit's asleep!"
"Give him back to us!"
"He's not your property!"
"Neither is he yours!"
"Maybe not but I'm all that's left to him!" I shouted.
"Obito please calm down. I'll take Naruto back to the house, you should be heading back." Rin said.
"What if he kills him!"
"Leave us alone...You don't know his pain, he lost everything and everyone. But before you go I'll erase all of your memory about this night. Better to say I'll reverse time for you, you'll only remember what happened before the Kit woke up.

Kakashi's POV

I woke up in bed with Kurama in his human form tightly hugging me. "Kurama? Was that a dream or...reality?"
"It was real...I erased all of their memory about that scene, Naruto should be in the forest, Obito and Rin don't know anything...and I don't know where they are." I started to cry.
"I'm sorry Obito, I didn't want to, I don't know what..."
"It's okay I understand...Now you have a battle between Zabuza don't you?"
"...Kurama, I love you as a friend," I said.
"I know Kit me too..."
"Kakashi sensei!" A knock on the door was echoed in the room. I stood up and walked up to the door.
"Is something wrong Sakura?"
"Sasuke and Naruto are nowhere to be found!" I was shocked.
"Have you checked outside?"
"Yes!"
"Stay here I'll come back!" I closed the door and summoned Pakkun.
"What happened Kakashi?"
"Naruto and Sasuke, we need to find them." I said.
"Okay!" He exclaimed. Kurama turned into a fox and jumped onto my shoulder.

We were looking for the two for a while until we found them, and Obito and Rin were with them. "There you two are. Sakura came..." I realised where we were, it was the exact cliff I jumped off of.
"Kakashi!" Rin shouted running up to me. "We thought you jumped and died."
"You scared us Kakashi...the two were crying nonstop." Obito said.
"Was there anyone else with the three of you?" I asked.
"No...Though I do remember there was a man on the other side, on that cliff, he had an orange mask on...he had a red eye...it looked like a Sharingan, he had a black cloak with a red cloud...how did you survive?"
"I...I never jumped." I lied.
"You want to say that was a Genjutsu?"
"That man...I don't know who he really was but I once got stuck in his Genjutsu..." I lied.
"Great job Kit." Kurama whispered.
"We're just glad you're okay!" Obito said.