two

𝘎 𝘙 𝘌 𝘠
chapter two

"Everything okay?"

A hand placed on her shoulder and the soothing sound of a calm voice brought her back from where she was zoning out, eyes trained on her slim fingers. The small and silver band Jack got her for her birthday was adorning her middle finger, and looking at it brought her back to better times.

She looked up to see Daniel, a concerning look prominent on his face. The blonde had always been an extremely good friend of hers, their bond like a brother and sister one. Harley was currently staying at his place, locking herself up in the spare room to cry and listen to sad music with the blinds closed.

On a rear occasion, she would come out and sit outside when she would be done with crying for a while, just like she was today. She sent Daniel a small smile to thank him for the glass of water he brought her, watching him as he sat down across from her. He pulled his knees up to his chest while they said on the grass, eyebrows raised as he waited for her to answer his question.

"Yeah, kinda," She mumbled, "Been thinking a lot lately."

"Because of the phone call?" Daniel asked her, his voice calm and collective. She nodded slightly, running a hand through her wavy hair. "Be honest with me on this one, okay? Tell me what you feel."

Harley sighed softly, knowing that this question was going to come up sooner than later, but now that she had to think about what the phone call did to her and how she felt about Jack, it was harder than the brunette initially thought.

"I fucking miss him," She answered honestly after being silent for some time, trying to gather her feelings into thoughts was hard for her. "I haven't seen him for about a month and it's eating me alive. I feel so drained and exhausted because that fucker keeps on clouding my mind, and when I finally decide it's best to let it all go because that's for the better, he calls me up and I'm back to square one."

Daniel nodded understandably, knowing that the situation with Jack messed with his best friend's mind. He also knew that Harley was the most stubborn person he had ever met and that she liked it when things went her way and she had full control over a situation. When that wasn't the case with her current situation involving Jack, she felt helpless and couldn't decide what to do or what was best for her at this point.

"All it takes is time and some selfish pride, you know," Daniel told her, leaning forward to place a hand on hers in an assuring way, "It's okay to think about yourself in a situation like that. You have to, and everyone will tell you the same as I'm doing right now. Putting yourself first doesn't mean you're selfish, it means you're responsible and see the consequences for whenever you do continue to put yourself in situations like these."

Harley loved Daniel for the fact that he was always honest to her, even if it hit a nerve sometimes. She was thankful for that, knowing that even if he got her mad sometimes by being too blunt, he just wanted the best for her because that's what she deserved.

"I know," She answered, twisting her hand so she was able to hold his, the comforting feeling of someone showing her he cared made her smile a bit, "It's just- I didn't think about ever having to be without him. And now that I am, it's the weirdest feeling ever. It was always us as a duo and I figured we'd always be like that."

"Which is completely normal considering you two have always been like that," He told her, hoping that with his words he was able to tell her she wasn't weird or pathetic for thinking living without Jack was odd. "I think, knowing you, it's best you see him soon so you're able to figure out how and what you're feeling. You're too much in your head and I think seeing him will clear a lot up."

Harley sighed softly, looking up to see Daniel gazing back at her with a hopeful smile on his face. She chuckled and pushed his shoulder lightly, causing him to fall back onto the grass because of the sudden action. The two friends fell into a laughing fit, and Harley was glad Daniel -or any of their other friends- were picking sides after her and Jack's fight.

"I hate how you're always right, Seavey," She told him sternly, although he was able to see a smile break through her frown, "I just hope he wants to see me too. It would be awkward if he doesn't."

Daniel shook his head softly, watching how the girl let herself fall onto her back from where she was sitting up straight, nearly knocking her head against his own. He rolled his eyes playfully at the fact that she was as clumsy as ever before he looked at the clouds painting the sky.

"You know how impatient he gets sometimes when things don't go his way," He stated, causing her to laugh and nod her head as he continued, "Trust me when I say this kid would do anything to see you again."

\

bonus points if u find the ill be okay lyric i used xxx
ILY NEXT CHAPTERS GONNA BE FULL OF JARLEY AGAIN DONT WORRY
just a lil cute chapter to show u how adorable this friendship between dani and harls is