eleven

𝘎 𝘙 𝘌 𝘠
chapter eleven

Harley let out a content sigh as she turned the corner, walking into the bedroom to see Jack already dressed in his basketball shorts and an oversized T-shirt. He was sitting behind his laptop with his headphones on, probably working on an unfinished tune.

Jack didn't want to interfere in the self care moment he had created for his girlfriend, but she insisted for him to get into the bath with her so they were able to talk about their day and how much she adored the effort he had put into it.

After an hour of laughing and talking, they both got out of the lukewarm water and Jack had dried himself off quick before making his way back to the laptop- claiming he had found some inspiration after today.

Harley didn't mind, it gave her some time to herself while taking off her make-up and towel dry her hair slightly, smiling to herself when she thought back of the things Jack did for her today.

She never really thought he'd do something so big, yet so genuine and special to try and get her back. It honestly made her want to cry joyful tears, because never in a million years she thought she'd be here today- with Jack and back at their house.

"Everything okay?" Harley asked her boyfriend as she pulled on some fuzzy socks, placing her hands onto his shoulders as she stood behind him just a moment later.

Jack took off his headphones to place them around his neck just seconds later, wanting to make sure he heard his girlfriend when she was talking to him. He nodded, "Yeah, I'm sorry for leaving you alone so suddenly, just thought of this sound in combination with some lyrics I had before and I just needed to work on it."

The brunette smiled at the scenery in front of her, the production program Jack was using on full display. It was clear he had been working on some songs after they had parted their ways, and Harley wondered if there were any song lyrics inspired by their chaotic and messy fight.

"It's okay," She assured him, letting herself lean forward so she was able to press a kiss onto his cheek, immediately noticing the skin heated up after the small action, "Wanna come to bed soon?"

It was a question that was quite common in their household with Jack working till late and Harley wanting to get into bed before him so whenever he did come to bed, she'd be able to wrap him up in a warm embrace which always caused him to fall asleep in her grasp.

Jack found himself smiling at the screen in front of him because of her soft voice ringing through the air, asking him a question he thought he wouldn't hear any time soon. He turned his head to look at her and nodded, "Of course baby, let me save this, mhm?"

She sent him a smile before getting herself cozy underneath the covers, the sight of her back in their bed making Jack feel fuzzy inside. Harley had stayed over before- the time she was drunk- but her being completely sober and aware of what she was doing while staying over made his heart grow fonder.

"What made you inspirational all of a sudden?" She spoke up, her words soft and angelic. "Please don't tell me it's because you saw me naked again, Avery."

It caused them both to laugh, and Jack to roll back his desk chair before standing up and taking off his shirt while he talked to her, "I mean.." He joked, causing Harley to roll her eyes at him, "I have so many unfinished songs and this is the first one I felt like finishing, actually. It just needs some vocals, y'know."

Jack had always been messing around with producing tunes and vocals, mostly with Daniel and Corbyn, but not really ever publishing them on a platform for anyone to listen to. Harley heard multiple snippets of the songs they put together, but this was the first time Jack told her he was actually close to finishing a song.

"And I can't tell what it's about yet, but you'll find out soon enough," He told her as he crawled in bed with her, immediately welcomed with her body heat radiating underneath the covers.

She sighed an exaggerated deep sigh before sending him a pout, the action causing Jack to chuckle. They both lay there in a comfortable silence, holding eye contact, until Harley decided to speak up. "Jack?"

He nodded, feeling how she scooted over to him, his arm instantly reaching out so she was able to rest her head into his chest. "Yeah?"

It was silent for a while - and it made Jack think she must've forgotten what she was going to ask or tell him - but when he felt her sigh softly, he knew she was struggling to find the right words.

Harley wrapped an arm around him, nuzzling her face into the crook of his neck. He felt her soft lips brush against the nape of his neck before she hesitantly placed a small kiss onto the burning skin. "I forgive you."

Her words were small and soft, but they held immense emotion to the both of them. For Harley, it felt as of after the long time trying, Jack had proven her he was committed and took her feelings seriously. For Jack, the words falling from her lips made his heart flutter, a big smile spreading across his face.

"Wait- are you- you're not joking around with me, are you?" He asked her seriously, feeling how she slightly pulled her head back and looked at him. She chuckled and shook her head to assure him she was not joking around at all. "Oh, wow."

The excitement came rushing through Jack's veins once it actually hit him Harley was completely serious about forgiving him, and he automatically felt the need to let her know he was more than happy with that.

With his hand carefully placed underneath her chin, he lifted her head up slightly to look at her and inch his head closer to Harley's.

Her hand was placed on his chest as she felt Jack moving in, casually closing the gap between their lips. It caused both of them to smile, knowing that after this day, everything would be okay.

+

I LOVE JARLEY SO MUCH IT AINT HEALTHY
ILYSM guys, ty for getting this story to 2K reads 🥺🥺
make sure you also read my other stories :)

xx