five

𝘎 𝘙 𝘌 𝘠
chapter five

Harley stepped foot into the living room half an hour later to see none of her friends had moved or looked up when she came back into the room. Nyssa was the first one to catch her eye, her eyebrows raising immediately when she saw her best friend standing there.

She furrowed her eyebrows at Harley just seconds later, when the brunette moved away from the door to sit back down right next to her best friend. "What are you hiding?"

Harley chuckled and shrugged her shoulders, nodding her way into the same direction where she just came from. Jack was now standing there, leaning against the doorframe with his hands stuffed into the pockets of his black jeans while he had small talk with Daniel.

"Oh thank God, he actually showed up," Nyssa smiled at him, causing Harley to switch her gaze from her best friend to Jack, who immediately sent her a smile from across the room. It was one of those toothy smiles where his eyes would scrunch up and where he would slightly bite his lip after looking away. The kind of smile Harley fell in love with a few years ago.

After swooning over Jack for a few seconds, she narrowed her eyes at Nyssa, who covered her mouth with her hand as if she said something she shouldn't have. "Nys?" Harley asked her with a small chuckle, "Did you tell him to come over?"

"No!" She exclaimed quickly, causing Daniel and Jack to look over at the pair of best friends. She smiled politely and waved them off, turning her head back to meet Harley's curious gaze, "Actually, Zach and Daniel messaged him about us going back to Corbyn's place and since you and Jack live next door, the kid was down to come too. Especially when they told him how much you missed him."

Nyssa talking about their home right next door made Harley miss the fact that she hadn't been there for quite some time. It was her safe haven. She started the mornings with Jack with a sleepy cuddle and would often bring him coffee and some breakfast when he wouldn't wake up on time, and she ended the day with him too after a nice shower, a make out session here and there and would fall asleep in his arms with her head gently placed onto his chest.

"We can go sneak away and get you some of your stuff?" Nyssa asked her before wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling Harley back into the couch to give her a big hug, "I'm so proud of you for taking the step to talk to him."

Harley shook her head lightly, "No it's okay, actually, I feel like being around Jack is good for me after the talk we had outside," She told Nyssa, "I'm okay with getting some things by myself, but with that being said, I want you to know that your help means so fucking much to me. And Daniel's help too. I appreciate you two so damn much."

Nyssa smiled and planted a kiss onto Harley's temple to show her best friend she was more than willing to do all these things for her because Nyssa knew Harley would do the exact same thing for her.

"So, what did you guys talk about!" Nyssa asked her enthusiastically as the pair of besties looked around the room to see the rest of their friends getting involved in a conversation with Jack. They all looked happy to see him in this environment, with a group, instead of him being alone.

Harley laughed, "Well, he was acting like a parent and told me cigarettes were bad for me. I told him some more things that were bad from his side and when he sat down right next to me, I completely forgot how annoyed and mad I was. It was as if after all this time apart, I feel so much more for that guy."

Nyssa smiled brightly and pinched Harley's cheek, the brunette trying to swat away her friend's hand unsuccessfully, "Aw," She cooed, "You're still head over heels for Jack."

The girl quickly shut up when she saw the subject of their conversation walk towards them, seating himself on the armrest of the couch. "Hey Nys," He smiled, "I uh- I just want to say I'm sorry for what happened the last time I saw you. I know I apologized through a call, but I just wanted to tell you again in real life. Also, thank you for taking care of my girlf- of Harley."

Nyssa felt herself smirking at him calling Harley his girlfriend. She still was Jack's girlfriend because they hadn't broken things off, but the fact that he wasn't sure if Harley would be okay with him calling her that after their fight was an indication that he had learned from his mistakes in disrespecting her sometimes.

"It's alright Jack," She smiled, reaching out to do their handshake. The two of them had decided to create a handshake a few years back, just out of plain boredom.

It always caused Harley to chuckle and roll her eyes because the whole thing didn't make sense, but it showed of their brother-sister bond. "Just make sure my girl makes you work for it, because she deserves all the attention you can give her."

Jack bit his bottom lip softly as his eyes darted down to meet Harley's blue ones, a small blush appearing on her already rosy cheeks from sitting outside in the nightly summer breeze. "Of course, I'd get down on my knees for her."

"Oh that's good!" Nyssa nodded her head, "Then she doesn't have to do it for you," She teased as she watched Jack's lips turn into a smirk.

Harley shot up from where Nyssa was still hugging her, "That's exactly what I said," She laughed, the other two chiming in as well. She turned her head to met Jack's gaze, deciding now was the best time to ask him this, "I was wondering," She started, "Do you mind if I grab some of my stuff later on?"

Jack felt his heart fasten at her question. The fact that she was willing to be at their house voluntarily while he was there too, made him think that she was fine with being around him every so often. The fact that she wasn't really comfortable with sleeping in the same house as him hurt him a bit, but he totally understood. "Of course not, go ahead. It's your house too, babe."

The nickname fell so quickly from his lips that he didn't have any time to proceed what was going on, but he thought his feelings and heart took over at that right exact moment. It became even harder to not reach over and grab her face to kiss her then and there when she spoke up, "Glad you still want me around, babe."

|

NEXT CHAPTER COMING SOOON BC I AM IN LOVE WITH JARLEY OK? OK

ty all so much for the love on this story, im so glad you all like it as much as i dooo 🥺✨🤍

ily xx