eight

𝘎 𝘙 𝘌 𝘠
chapter eight

"He asked you on a date?" Nyssa spoke up enthusiastically after Harley told her the events of this morning, a blush appearing on her cheeks as she did so, "That's one smooth motherfucker."

Harley let out a chuckle at her friend's statement, knowing that Nyssa was the one that always hoped Harley and Jack would come back together after their fight. So him asking her on a date had Harley's best friend in ecstasy, while it left Harley being shy and nervous.

She had never been the girl to be shy, not even when Jack first asked her out, but now that they needed to fix things she suddenly felt the need to make sure everything was going okay and she didn't ruin things with her bluntness or sarcastic remarks.

"To the beach," Harley added, taking out the elastic band that kept her messy ponytail together, letting the brunette locks fall free, "Please tell me why I feel so nervous when I never felt that before?"

Nyssa chuckled as she flipped through a magazine, sitting on the spare bed her best friend accompanied when she stayed over at Nyssa and Daniel's house. It had been a common thing for them to do, talk about their day and just lounge around in the room before one of them came up with something to do.

"It's because you feel like you're back at the stage where you first get to know him," Nyssa answered honestly, shrugging her shoulders, "Which isn't weird, you guys had the biggest fight and didn't see each other or talk for a whole month. Besides that, he's being just as careful as he was when he first met you because he doesn't want you to get hurt again because of him."

Harley twisted the cap of her nude nail polish back onto the small bottle, slightly blowing on her nails in the hopes they'd dry just a bit faster. She knew Nyssa was right, but that didn't mean it made Harley less nervous for tonight.

She wasn't nervous about being alone with him because they had done that last night and this morning and everything seemed to be going well. The thing she was nervous about were her feelings, because they seemed to make an appearance every time she was near Jack or even thought of him. She didn't know what to do with them or if Jack even felt the same, their fight could have had an impact on him too.

"You're overthinking," Nyssa told the brunette who was now sitting right next to her, "Stop doing that, everything's going to be okay."

The next few hours were nerve wrecking for Harley. Not overthinking was easier said than done. Nyssa and Daniel had left for their weekly date, leaving Harley all by herself and not having anyone to rant to about her nerves. Currently, her feelings, emotions and thoughts about her relationship with Jack were all over the place.

She was nervous to see him again, because she wasn't aware if what she felt for him was likewise or not. Harley didn't want to rush things after their fight and she wasn't sure if she needed to let things happen or to slow down with whatever they were doing.

At this moment, when the doorbell rang, her heart skipped a beat and she felt the heat rise up to her cheeks when she thought about spending the evening with Jack. Grabbing her leather jacket off of the bed and checking her appearance in the mirror, she took a deep sigh and headed downstairs.

The brunette took a second to herself when she stood in front of the door, calming herself down before twisting the doorknob and opening the front door to reveal her boyfriend leaning against the door frame.

He looked up from his phone and quickly stuffed it away in his back pocket, a smile growing on his face once he saw Harley appear in the doorway.

She chuckled, "Please tell me why we're unintentionally kind of wearing matching outfits?"

Jack took a look at what she was wearing. Black wide leg jeans with a rip on the knee, a black crop top with the same colored jacket and Nike's on her feet. Their color matching scheme made him grin, liking the way how they were still on the same page, even if it was because of something small like clothing.

"Because great minds think alike," He smiled, pushing himself off the doorframe before stepping backwards, hands shoved in the pockets of his black jeans. "Wanna go?"

Harley nodded her head and smiled softly, closing the door behind her after she made sure she got ahold of her keys. He lead her to his car, opening the door for her so she was able to climb into the comfortable leather seat before walking towards his side and getting in himself.

"Jeez, you're really trying your best huh?" Harley joked as Jack backed out of the driveway, his hands tightly wrapped around the steering wheel. It indicated that he was nervous and was trying so suppress his nerves by gripping the wheel tightly.

He let out a breathy but genuine chuckle, rolling his eyes at the brunette sitting in the drivers seat, "Everything to please my girl, right?"

It caused her to release a nervous chuckle, shaking her head as she looked out of the window. The statement he made had goosebumps running up and down her arms and she was glad she was wearing a jacket, otherwise he would've made a sarcastic joke about her body reacting to his compliments.

The ride to the beach wasn't long, but during the drive, the two of them were vibing to their conjoint playlist on the way there was something they'd usually do and something they both felt comfortable with. It went naturally, the way Jack turned up the volume and tapped his fingertips onto the steering wheel calmed her down in some sort of way.

Harley looked at the view as they drove, the breeze in her hair after she rolled down the window slightly. She adored the fact Jack picked her up when the sun started to set and that the sky was set with pastel oranges and pinks, looking like it came straight off of a Pinterest board.

Jack occasionally darted his eyes from the road to look at Harley, adoring the way the golden hour fell onto her face. Her freckles got pointed out, the small dots scattered over her nose and the top of her cheeks. Her green eyes twinkled with enthusiasm every time she looked at him and her cheeks were always slightly tinted a shade of rosy pink.

Without thinking twice, Jack let one of his hands rest into her thigh while the other one controlled the steering wheel. He saw how she stiffened up in the leather seat because she didn't expect it to happen, but immediately let loose when his thumb rubbed circles on the outside of her thigh.

It was something that had always made her feel comfortable and since Jack was able to tell she was nervous, he decided to try and calm her down a bit. He didn't know if she liked it, but that was until she had placed her own hand onto his and gave it an assuring squeeze.

The confirmation she was okay with him doing small but romantic gestures like these made him curious to see what she'd think about the rest of the night he had planned for them.

+

THIS IS PART ONE OF THEIR DATE AND I LOVE HOW IT TURNED OUT

partly wrote this on the train ride home bc i was bored and missed my exam so yeh 😌

I HOPE YOU LIKED IT AS MUCH AS I DO

ily all, stay safe, listen to your favorite song off of tgtatbo, eat something and stay hydrated and have a nice day/night <333