four

𝘎 𝘙 𝘌 𝘠
chapter four

"I can not fucking believe an M&M left that big of a spot on your head," Corbyn laughed out loud after Harley told him the story of what happened when Nyssa came back from work and how Daniel lost concentration during the catch game.

"Nyssa always makes him lose concentration," Harley spoke up with a chuckle, reaching forward to grab her glass of wine from the coffee table, sitting back onto the couch after she wiggled herself in between Corbyn and Nyssa once again.

"I can not help the impact I have on this kid," Nyssa chuckled, jokingly flipping some hair over her shoulder, causing the other ones to laugh at her. Daniel reached down for his girl with a grin before placing a caring kiss onto her forehead, disappearing to the kitchen to grab some more beers.

Harley smiled at the cute gesture, knowing that the couple was big on showing their love and affection towards each other. It had always been like that and Harley was extremely happy for the greatest couple of all time, seeing how much they had grown with each other made her want to cry because of how happy she was for her two best friends.

At the same time, she felt her already broken heart shatter just a bit more because her and Jack were the exact same. Always leaning against each other, her head on his shoulder and his tattooed arm around her shoulders to pull her even closer. They'd kiss each other for the smallest reasons, like when Jack would go outside with the boys and Harley stayed inside with the girls, or when he needed to head to Corbyn's house to pick something up and would be back within two minutes because Corbyn lived right next door.

She had grown to get used to those small but affectionate gestures and now that she had to miss them, she realized how much she actually loved them. They'd be classified as clingy way more often than Nyssa and Daniel, but she had grown to love that. It meant they weren't afraid to show how much they loved each other.

Nyssa noticed her best friend was currently being quiet, which was odd after a few glasses of red wine. She reached forward to place a hand on Harley's knee, shaking her out of her thoughts before the brunette made eye contact. Her eyebrows raised when she looked at Nyssa, silently asking her what was wrong.

"Are you thinking about him?" Nyssa whispered, not wanting everyone to hear their conversation because it was none of their business. If Harley wanted everyone to know how she felt, she'd throw it out in the open. By the way she zoned off with a dull expression, Nyssa knew Harley was thinking about Jack.

Harley smiled sadly, "More than I want to," She sighed, taking a large gulp of her red wine, emptying the large glass before placing it back onto the coffee table, "I have to go outside for a bit."

Nyssa smiled softly and nodded her head, knowing that Harley taking herself outside to distance herself from the others for a bit was what's best for her, and Nyssa decided to just let her best friend be. "If you need me, shoot me a text okay?"

Harley smiled as Nyssa kissed her cheek, giving her a quick and loving side hug before the brunette stood up and excused herself from the people in the living room. The brunette sighed when she finally reached the hallway of the house, feeling slightly better when she was finally alone. She reached for the door knob and twisted it before stepping outside, nearly tripping over the loose shoelace of her platform Converse.

She rolled her eyes at herself before slightly closing the door, just enough to block out the noise from the inside, but also enough to make sure she got back inside when she found herself again.

Harley sat down onto the patio, feet placed onto the small stairs leading down. She thought for a second before letting her hand slip into the pocket of her leather jacket, fishing out a pack of cigarettes. The brunette chuckled at herself, knowing she always reached for those stupid sticks when Jack and her were on bad terms. She wasn't addicted at all, but sometimes smoking one would make some stress fall down her shoulders.

She took one from the carton box before placing it down to lighten the cigarette, scrunching up her nose at the nicotine hitting her lungs immediately.

"Those are bad for you," A voice spoke up, "You shouldn't be smoking them."

The familiar deep voice sent immediate shivers down her spine, her breath hitching in her throat. She was thankful she blew out the smoke right before he decided to speak up, otherwise she'd be sure to choke on her own breath.

Harley looked up to see him standing there, hands stuffed in the pocket of his black oversized hoodie. His hair was messy and wavy, eye bags prominent due to the lack of sleep and rubbing them too much after crying. He had been just as miserable as she was.

"There are so many things in this life that are considered bad," She mumbled, but made sure it was loud enough for him to hear, "Like arguing with your girlfriend in front of your friends when she told you not to disrespect her."

Jack sighed softly, running a hand over his face before taking a look at her. He noticed she put out the cigarette and was now fiddling with the ring on her finger. The one he got her a long time ago.

He decided to sit down next to her, keeping a fair amount of distance between them for when she didn't want him to be too close.

Harley had to keep herself from launching herself at him to tackle him in a big hug and kiss him hard, because she had missed him so fucking much. On the other hand, he had made a mistake by starting an argument about something she was insecure about when she told him to wait to talk about it until they got back home.

"You know how sorry I am about that," He spoke up, voice soft as he looked at her. She looked straight ahead, trying to not give into looking into his eyes. She'd get weak when looking into them, the honey brown color making her feel at home.

"I've heard that before Jack," She told him with a small sigh, "But you seem to forget how much you actually hurt me with actions like those. It's heartbreaking and I thought I couldn't get my heart broken once again."

"But it still happened," He nodded, rubbing his eyes to try to keep the tears from rolling down his cheeks, "I know me saying sorry over and over again is not enough at all, but it's true. I'm so fucking sorry, Lee, I'll get on my knees and beg you to forgive me if I have to."

Harley sighed softly before shaking her head, a really small smile breaking out onto her face, "Why don't you start with that then?"

She finally turned her head to look at him, and when she did he was sure his heart skipped a beat or two. Her blue eyes held hurt, but the small twinkle in them made him think she was happy to see him too. "By getting on my knees?"

"Yeah," Harley shrugged her shoulders, a grin dancing on her lips, "It would make a great start. I'd like to see you look at me when you're on your knees instead of the other way around."

|

OK HELLO SO THE LAST LINE EVEN MADE ME SCREAM AND I WROTE IT LMAO
ok so yeah, jarley!!! they ain't quite there yet but they will be eventually!! im happy teehee

ILY ILY ILY ILY