seven

𝘎 𝘙 𝘌 𝘠
chapter seven

The next morning, Harley woke up due to the bright light shining through the crack of the curtains. The rays of sunshine blinded her before she opened her eyes, causing her to groan softly.

She rubbed her eyes before now fully opening them. The brunette rubbed them quickly so she was able to get used other surroundings without her contact lenses. When her vision became clear, her heart skipped a beat at the familiar room, eyes immediately searching for a warm body right next to hers.

Harley didn't find what she was looking for, the space next to her not occupied. It left her with an empty bed and emotions running through her body as she sat up, reaching for her glasses. Jack must've retrieved her spare ones from where she kept them in the bath room, placing the frames on the night stand so Harley was able to see after taking out her contact lenses last night.

She barely remembered doing so, but the fact Jack thought of such small things like placing her glasses besides the bed made her heart flutter.

The brunette got herself out of bed, only to realize last nights events. The way Jack came over to talk, how she felt extremely comfortable even after not seeing him for nearly a month and how she ended up back at their place in a drunk state and must've fallen asleep when Jack was packing her stuff.

She adored the fact how respectful he was last night and decided not the sleep in the same bed as her, even if she wanted him too. It was too soon to do so, and with them not sleeping in the same bed, Harley realized that Jack was trying to win her trust and respect back.

Coming down the stairs, she noticed the TV was on and connected to his Spotify. She realized his Travis Scott playlist was on while he was doing whatever, a smile creeping onto her face when she thought about the times he used to do that when he was in a good mood.

Harley rounded the corner and found Jack sitting at the kitchen island, sipping away on some coffee. His hair was laying on top of his head, the dyed brown strands wavy and messy. He chose to wear some black basketball shorts and a white long sleeved shirt, and Harley took a moment to look at him from the doorway, leaning against the frame.

"It's rude to stare," He spoke up, the thin line his lips were in now slowly starting to transform into a grin before he looked up, noticing Harley's caught face.

She rolled her eyes playfully before pushing herself off the doorframe, making her way towards the cup of coffee Jack made for her. He usually did whenever he'd wake up before she would, and today was no exception.

"How embarrassing was I last night?" She asked him in a mumble, letting her face rest into the palms of her hands as she looked at him with a small pout.

Jack looked up from his phone before placing it down onto the cold marble, letting out a chuckle, "Not as bad as usual," He answered, "You didn't throw out a full love declaration this time."

She smiled softly before taking a sip of the freshly brewed coffee.

"You did ask me to fold myself so I'd fit into your luggage and I would be able to come with you, but that's all," He laughed, shaking his head at the thought of her sprawled out on the bed and a pout on her face.

Harley groaned loudly, placing her hands in front of her eyes as her boyfriend continued to laugh at her intoxicated actions. "Stop laughing! I'm supposed to be mad at you!"

Jack shot his hands up in defeat and immediately kept a straight face as he looked at Harley, "I took care of you last night, doesn't that mean we're fine again?"

The brunette rolled her eyes at his question, knowing that he was joking about it. Humor was his coping mechanism and it was hard for Jack to talk about his feelings sometimes, so making jokes about situations he felt insecure about felt the same to him as speaking his actual mind.

"That's gonna take a hell lot more than just one night of taking care, Avery," She told him, her voice soft and calm as she spoke up. Harley meant it, but didn't want him to feel miserable once again now that they were back on speaking terms and were comfortable with being around each other.

"I know," He nodded his head, a soft smile on his lips. "Speaking of that, I wanted to ask you if you'd like to go to the beach tonight? Have a nice walk, eat something. Talk about stuff."

Harley's ears perked up at what he asked her, the hopeful smile on his face making her give in almost instantly. She absolutely loved the beach and taking long walks and Jack knew about this all too well. He had took her to the beach whenever she felt sad and wanted her to forget about stuff, but also when she was extremely happy and he wanted her to maintain that mood.

"I'd love to," She smiled, nodding her head, reaching forward to place a hand on Jack's. The sudden motion took both of them by surprise, but neither of them pulled away. They didn't, because it felt right to finally be able to be close again after the longest amount of time of not being together. Even the smallest gesture like their hands touching and not letting go meant a lot to them after everything that happened.

"I am going out with Nys in the afternoon though-"

"Doesn't matter, I'll pick you up at her place," He was quick to answer, cutting her off. It caused her to chuckle at his enthusiasm. "Then it's a date."

"A date?"

"Yeah, a date."