See the Connections Form

Don't forget to join the discord for regular updates and possible exclusive content! Just add /5UKBwMAnJw to the end of the discord.gg link!
~
0=change focus to a different character
00=scene change (no matter how big or small)
000=timeskip
F000=this means that we move back to the next avengers time.
P000= No this is not poo. it's moving back to the past.

~

Chapter 9: See the Connections Form

Francis was slowly beginning to come too again. He heard a high pitched occasional beeping. He had to fight against the urge to just go back to sleep. He felt like he hadn't slept properly in months, but something in him told him to wake, so he was trying to. He eventually was able to open his eyes and looked around. He seemed to be in some kind of infirmary, hooked up to a machine that was making that beeping. He felt groggy for some reason, like something wasn't quite out of his system yet.

"Welcome back to the waking world, kid," a familiar voice drew his attention to the door. The second he saw Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye, standing in the doorway, what happened in the alleyway came back to him..what he could remember of it anyway. He was still processing it.

"Uh... thanks?" Francis said slowly, reaching up and rubbing his eyes. "Still not sure I'm fully in the waking world though." He paused as he realized that the colors of the room didn't look right and he didn't have his special glasses. He looked around, spotting them on a table next to him. He let out a breath of relief and grabbed them before realizing they weren't their normal color. Why were they that? A throat clear drew his attention to the doorway again. Clint was giving him a look.

"Something wrong?" The older archer asked. Francis shook his head.

"I just.. don't remember them being this weird color," he replied, glancing back down at the glasses.

"They're red. How is that a weird color?" Clint asked, not quite understanding what he was saying. This confused Francis further. Red? They'd never been red? Why were they red? That didn't help him at all.

"Nevermind... Where am I?" He asked, changing the subject. Hawkeye had what could've been considered his dad's signature eye brow raise for when he was either tabling a discussion for another day or just didn't understand something. He wasn't about to guess which it was.

"You'll find out later," Clint answered, walking into the room and sitting in the chair next to the bed. "Right now we need to figure out why AIM wanted you bad enough to attempt a kidnapping in broad daylight." Francis could tell there was a question added in his young fathers mind, but he wasn't sure to ask it. He shrugged, figuring they'd get to it eventually.

"Beats me," he said. This was so weird...

00

Pym was quietly eating some cereal in one of the main rooms, listening to a commercial with his mind elsewhere. His jaw still kind of hurt to move but he had to eat. Tony had already gotten an air mattress for his room but he didn't feel much like being in there. He'd rather be out there, looking for his friends, but Jarvis was tasked with acting like a babysitter. He could just hack the AI again, but he didn't want to give them a reason to kick him out.

He paused in his eating when he heard voices approaching outside the room.

"You get anything?" He could make out Tonys voice.

"He says he doesn't know why A.I.M is after him. He seems really confused in all honesty," Hawkeye replied, a strange tone in his voice. Pym put his spoon down and snuck closer to the door to hear.