Head to Head Part 5

So, fun fact, this was supposed to be the final part. However, the chapter, once I rewrote and finally finished it, came out to over 13,000 words. No wonder it took me a year to write this. So for my sanity and yours, I've split it in two. The next chapter will come in May and I'm hoping to get back to the once a month schedule I had previously.

Anyways, enjoy this long awaited chapter! And for regular updates and a fun community to hang out in, remember to join the discord! discord . gg / 5UKBwMAnJw (spaces removed)
~
0=change focus to a different character
00=scene change (no matter how big or small)
000=timeskip
F000=this means that we move back to the next avengers time.
P000= No this is not poo. it's moving back to the past.
~
Chapter 17: Head to Head Part 5
(~Outside the Cargo Hold~Tony~)

Hulk busters were not good. Luckily there only seemed to be two for now, but they literally busted through walls to get to them. He glanced back at WidowHulk and nodded to her. They parted to take some cover as the hulk busters began firing. Widow charged forward, delving into a fight. Hit one, but got knocked back by the other. Tony reached for an goop arrow and threw it at the hulk busters. It just bounces off one and clatters to the ground.

"Guys, move away from that!" Hawkeye called, running back to where James, Francis and Pym were. Tony realized that reaction meant he'd grabbed a different arrow. The Avengers followed what Hawkeye said, clearly realizing the same. A moment later the arrow exploded, knocking the Hulk Busters forward in their advance. The Avengers parted so that the robots landed just beyond them. Unfortunately they landed on their feet. One noticed James at that point. He was being steadied by Fr-... Pym.

"New target acquired," rang out of the speakers. Oh no... oh that is not going to happen! It moved towards James. The kid gained a brief deer in the headlights look. Tony reached back to grab another arrow, but Widow beat him to it. She grabbed its arm as it reached towards James and threw it into the other one.

"You stay away from him!" She said firmly.

0

(~Pym~)

Pym kept James steady as they were forced to move quickly. These Hulk Busters were annoying and reminded Pym of some of the robots they'd encountered. He charged up one of his stingers when the hulk buster began reaching for him, but saw Hulk... Widow take care of it. James gripped his arm and Pym looked, seeing the panic in his eyes. That bot triggered something.

"I got you, you're fine," he said. James nodded, but clearly was having issues. He was exceedingly happy to be able to talk to his friend again, even body swapped like this, but it was clear that what happened too him left him... damaged. This was not the James he knew. The James he knew faced Ultron and talked them into his admittedly crazy plan to take on the robot that killed their parents. He lead raids on camps, helped take back Ultra City and found an optimistic side in everything. His friend was now unstable. He wondered what happened to him during the year he's been missing. Regardless, he needed help. He glanced at his own body, at Francis. They both did.

The bots were getting up.

0

(~Hawkeye~)

Cap and Widow really did not take kindly to these Hulk Busters turning their attention to James, even for a millisecond. He couldn't blame them. If anyone came after Francis... It wouldn't end well. He's gotten more time with his kid... his kid, that still feels weird.

"I've got this," CapIronman said, stepping around WidowHulk. He activated Tony's unibeam and attempted to hit the Hulk Busters with it. To his credit, his aim was good, but he had too much power behind that beam. It blasted through the bottom half of one Hulk Buster; but it also hit the outside wall behind them and blew it open. They were all forced to hold on as the air started sucking them out along with everyone else. Luckily there were grooves built into the walls. "Maybe not!" Cap retracted his sentence as he grabbed a built in groove in the wall. Clint did the same. He rolled his eyes at Cap.