Head to Head FINAL PART

Oh my lord this arc has taken me a long time to finish. But it's finally here! The end of the head to head arc, but the beginning of so much more hehehee. I'm excited to see what you all think of this chapter and what comes next! Enjoy!

And for regular updates and a fun community to hang out in, remember to join the discord! discord . gg / 5UKBwMAnJw (spaces removed)

~

0=change focus to a different character

00=scene change (no matter how big or small)

000=timeskip

F000=this means that we move back to the next avengers time.

P000= No this is not poo. it's moving back to the past.

~

Chapter 18: Head to Head. FINAL PART

(~Francis~)

I swear to God. If James does anything like that again- oh wait. I can fly right now. Francis grinned to himself as he shrunk and started flying. Not as gracefully as Pym would, but still flying. But James was still falling. Luckily, his previous yelling had caught the Avengers attention below.

Francis looked back down and as he flew passed the threshold, he realized that the holes MODOC made in the floor were closing up. A sound like a hoarse short yell came from behind him. He turned around to look and felt his heart drop as he saw James stopped in midair, eyes closed and looked to be struggling to breath like he got the wind knocked out of him. A cable had wrapped itself around his waist and was rapidly pulling him upward. Francis tried to change direction, but his lack of experience flying made it difficult to do so quickly.

A blur of green flew by him. Widow was jumping up to catch him. Francis was just managing to follow her hole was closing fast. Before she could get through, a concrete bar slammed through the middle of the hole, blocking her though she did leave a dent in it before falling back down. The hole closed before Francis reached it and he punched the ceiling.

"No! Damn it! Not again!" He yelled. He'd said he'd watch his back. He'd already lost his friend once.

"Francis, come down here, we need a new game plan," Cap called from below. Francis stayed there a minute. He could try to blow a hole in the top, but he didn't know how thick the concrete was. Nor was he even sure they'd still be there.

"Hawkeye!" Pym called up to him, trying to get him to fly back down like Cap had. He shook his head, putting himself back into the mindset he had when he'd lead the scavengers. He's going to get James back. They were going to help him.

"We have to find them," He said as soon as he'd landed and grown back to size.

"We will, but not by trying to smash our way up there. There's no guarantee they'll still be up there when we do. We'll all just get separated again. With MODOC on his side the only way we can beat Rogue is together," Cap said. Francis reluctantly nodded in agreement. Going this alone is how he got caught in the first place.

"Agreed. Let us defeat this foe swiftly. I grow tired of these games," ThorWidow agreed, standing in a way that didn't put much pressure on his leg or the hip where he'd been shot. Francis looked passed them at MODOC. The body fell with them. They could end this, but then... what happens to James? He just goes back to being buried in his own mind.

0

(~Cap~)

Steve was worried about James, a lot more than he was showing. His future son is in a lose lose situation here. He's stuck with Rogue again, the parasite steeling his life. MODOC helped Rogue get James back. He also poses a major threat to everyone and his team is at a disadvantage. Cap could end their partnership right now and save a lot of people too. He moved towards MODOCS body.