As Light is Shed

Don't forget to join the discord for regular updates and possible exclusive content! Just add /5UKBwMAnJw to the end of the discord.gg link!
~
0=change focus to a different character
00=scene change (no matter how big or small)
000=timeskip
F000=this means that we move back to the next avengers time.
P000= No this is not poo. it's moving back to the past.

~

Chapter 11: As Light is Shed

James' head hurt, that much he knew. He felt drained of energy and sluggish. He felt the concrete below him and some wind brush by his face. He started trying to open his eyes. He succeeded in cracking them open. His senses were overwhelmed by the light at first. He felt like he hadn't seen the sun in... wait...wait! The world around him came into focus more and the people around him. He froze at the sight of his father and mother looking down on him. As well as Iron Man, whose faceplate came up. He was really young. It was then that it came back to him. Everything took a minute to catch up and he realized. He was himself!

He scrambled to sit up, regretting it as he felt dizzy. He stopped and grabbed his head a second.
"Rogue, are you alright?" The voice almost made him jump. It was Captain Americas voice. He had to stare at him a minute once the dizziness passed. The first time he was himself in months and he couldn't even form words. He shook his head. He didn't like being called Rogue for obvious reasons, but what could he say about it?

"Y-yeah... just shaken," he finally got out. "Thanks..." He wanted to say more. He wanted to start spilling everything to them. Where he's from, what happened, how it's not him that they've been facing, how he needed help... but he couldn't. The programing... it wouldn't allow him to. He'd be in too much pain to speak before he got a word out.

"We're the good guys, that means we help people. Even people like you," Tony said pointedly. James tensed at the jab, looking away from Tony in response. Widow raised an eyebrow at Tony for that. James mumbled something incoherently.

"What was that?" Steve asked. James looked back at him and shrugged.

"Nothing," he replied. Steve studied him a moment and offered him a hand. James looked at it. The red glove so closely matching his own. Understandably so as his was made from it. Tony... his Tony hadn't had clothes small enough to fit them when they'd first gone to the place he'd raised them. He had to use the clothes meant for the Avengers to make clothes for them. He remembered being proud to wear clothes made from the ones his father wore. It had inspired him for a time... He took his hand and got pulled to his feet. He was unsteady at first and had to hold onto the Captains arm until it passed. He grimaced as the movement also brought a headache on....that was from the movement, right?

"That containment field really did a number on you," Natasha commented. She sounded concerned. Just her voice though. So many years of not hearing it. He'd almost forgotten what she had sounded like.

"Yeah... whatever it was doing was draining my energy and I felt like I could barely breathe in there," James answered, forcing himself to look at her. She was beautiful. There was something in the way she looked at him... The way they both looked at him. It was like the look they'd give him growing up, what he remembered from that time anyway, but they didn't know why.

"That seems strange. They went to all this trouble to catch you. Why risk using something that could potentially kill you..." Steve wondered out loud.

"I don't think it was meant to kill him. I think it was meant to keep him in a state easily transportable," Tony stated, having examined the device. "If what we've seen when we try to catch you, they didn't want you to be able to put up a fight." James wasn't sure if that was another jab or a compliment. He rubbed his head some more. The headache was getting worse.