The Lunch Date

Picture of Wendy to the ^^

Getting to the car, I nervously turned the ignition before raising the volume of the radio, and as always the sound of good music,( in this case Lana del Ray's Young And Beautiful) made me relax completely forgetting about my stress. Ryan was silent during the drive as he was looking through the window, probably thinking about something. I took the time to take deep breaths and convince myself everything was going to be okay.

As we drove by to the Burger Kingdom, this really cool fast food diner that served the best cheese fries in town, I saw the smile on Ryan's face and I could tell he too was excited to be coming here.

"You ever tried their cheese fries? They're the best!" I said as the two of us got out of the car, before locking it.

Ryan seemed very excited and smiled from ear to ear "Dude, are you kidding me? When I was a kid I used to come up here almost every week-end. I haven't been here ever since I was like twelve though, so Waouh this is really cool. Thanks" he said patting me on the shoulder before wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Ha... No problem" I said trying my best not to get affected by his touch; which was very hard considering his amazing perfume. God what was that amazing perfume, it smelled so good and it was pretty strong too, almost fruity, probably a designer fragrance.

As we entered the shop we had to break apart from each other as a group of teenage girls, probably in junior high, were going out. The four of them kept looking at the two of us, eying us from top to bottom (pun intended) "Oh my god are those college guys? They're so hot" I heard one of them say before the door closed behind them.

This place hadn't changed ever sine I first came here ten years ago, the yellow painted walls, the scattered tables that were in different shapes and sizes and most importantly the smell; a mixture of fries, burgers, and chocolate chips cookies made me reach cloud 9. Glancing at Ryan I noticed he had a satisfied smile on his, his beautiful blue eyes flickering with anticipation.

Ah carbs my long lost friends, how I have missed you... I guess one unhealthy meal wouldn't do any harm, would it?

"Uh... I would like a royal menu with extra cheese fries to go, please" I ordered shooting a quick look at the girl behind the counter a smile on my face.

"Hey, haven't seen you in a while" she said smiling at me. It took me a few seconds before I finally realized that it was Wendy, our neighbor's daughter who never missed on an opportunity to flirt with me.

"Hey, you... I didn't see you there sorry, too busy thinking about my stomach"

Oh great flirting Kyle, yeah because girls like guys who ignore them and think about their stomach.

"Oh my god, you're so funny! Hahaha... A ROYAL BURGER" she shouted startling me. "It's coming right up. Can I just say though, that I always thought you were cute even before you lost weight... I mean you must be getting a lot of attention from..." she continued but the sound of someone clearing their throat interrupted her.

It was Ryan, he had been standing next to me the whole time, and I could tell by the look on his face that he didn't like being ignored.

"Excuse me miss, but can you hurry it up a little bit, I mean the rest of us also want to order, so if you don't mind could you..." he started but Wendy completely ignored him after she glared at him and looked back at me, curling her chocolate brown hair with her finger.

"Anyways.... What I was saying is if you would want to grab a coffee sometimes, or you know..." she started only to be yet again interrupted by Ryan who seemed to be quite pissed off.