Coming Out: The First Attempt

Ryan's P.O.V:

"How do I look?" I asked Sophie as she was setting up breakfast on the table.

I made sure to wake up at six am, shower and style my hair to perfection. I had to look flawless for today. I had finally made my mind and decided to come out at school, or at least to Kyle, I was pretty sick of pretending I was someone else, it didn't matter that he wasn't interested in me or even into guys, what happened yesterday made me want to come clean about everything, things had gotten way too far.

Iris had literally blown a fuse when I turned her down after she started trying to kiss-rape me, it felt wrong on so many levels to be with another girl, even though her lips were moist and soft I did not enjoy it all. It was like kissing a dog, her kisses were sloppy and frankly not hot in the slightest. Maybe it had been the fact that my kiss with Kyle (if one could call that a kiss), and the feel of his amazing lips that I could not shake out of my head, but yeah kissing Iris was to say it bluntly: gross.

I didn't expect her to go ballistics on me though, she broke down in tears and told me to leave her alone because I am an asshole and I wasn't even the guy she wanted. That he was way better than me. I obviously decided to get the hell out of there almost immediately. If coming out would stop girls from pouncing on me like that while taking this huge load off my shoulders, why the hell not?

I knew the reactions would be harsh and that some people would hate me and be dicks about it, but that was a risk I was willing to take, what was the worst that could happen anyways?

"You look... really good, what's the special occasion?" my older sister asked as she glanced up. She had changed her hairstyle apparently, curling it a little bit, nice change but she seriously needed to stop wearing those tight cocktail dresses especially since they showed so much cleavage, ugh. She looked like she came out straight out of a strip club. Her boobs were a ticking time bomb about to burst out for God's sake!

I swallowed my comment on her slutty wardrobe, because for once I wanted this to be about me "I'm gonna come out today at school." I replied resolved.

Sophie gasped and started making her way awkwardly to me in a semi-run kind of way, seven inches heel-less ankle straps were definitely not made for running.

"Oh my God! That is amazing! Ry-Ry that is the best news ever, aww. You're finally listening to my advice, be yourself and don't give a fuck about others." she grabbed my head and put it on top of her breasts, showering me with kisses. I smiled for a bit before shoving her off of me lightly. "Watch the hair woman! It took forty-five minutes to make it look this good." I ran towards the mirror and made sure she hadn't screwed up my perfect haircut.

"Oh Ry-Ry you can be so gay sometimes, I'm shocked no one figured it out." she said sucking on the chocolate covered strawberry on top of her waffles.

"Stop calling me by that stupid nickname, and can you be anymore of a slut? Ugh I never knew you had so much "whormones"... get it?" I burst out in laughter at my own joke as Sophie rolled her eyes.

"Just sit down and eat your breakfast... You're lucky you're pretty and smart. Because your sense of humour would never get you laid."

I scoffed at her remembering what Kyle had said yesterday, was I really that bad? I mean my jokes made me laugh. But that didn't matter... like she said I am a good looking smart blonde guy with exquisite taste in clothes. Who in their right mind wouldn't want me?

"Yeah whatever, I can be funny... sometimes." I whispered furiously as I took a seat.

"So what made you finally wanna come out?" Sophie asked as I was cutting my waffles.