Chapter 21: Future peeking.

A/N: The long wait is over... Baka maguluhan kayo sa chapter na ito kaya nilagay ko sa title yung maaaring mangyari sa kabanatang ito. Mwa. Enjoy reading!

Fiona's POV:

"Fiona. He's been waiting for you downstairs. Wala ka ba man lang balak na bumaba para kausapin sya?" halatang naiirita na saakin si Lala pero hindi ko sya pinansin. I'm busy scanning every paperwork that I have right infront of me.

"Fiona! Listen to me! I'm tired talking here, you know!" and then here she goes.

I turned my eyes and finally look at her with no emotion that can be seen on my face, kanina ko pa sya hindi pinapansin because of her nonsense news about that guy downstairs. Like I care.

"No one is asking you to talk. You insisted to talk nonsense, and now you're mad at me." saglit ko lang syang tiningnan at binalik ko na ang tingin ulit sa mga sandamakmak na papeles.

"Grabe, Fiona. You've changed alot." she seems to be really disappointed. I can't blame her.

"You cannot stop people to change, when it's already needed." I simply replied, as I sign every papers.

"I've warned you already. I told you to stop loving that guy way back then, because I know what you can do, I know what you will do and I know that you'll turn into like this someday!" Lala made me stopped when she shouted, and her voice just echoed through the entire room of my office. Tss, what a voice.

Does she even have an amplifier inside her throat? Or a mic? Whatever and never mind.

I cleared my throat and putted down my pen, I crossed my arms and blankly stared at her, "You cannot dictate your own emotions. If I already knew what's gonna happen a bit earlier, then I would definitely stopped my feelings. But no. I knew nothing, before."

"Hindi naman ako nagkulang ng pagpapa-alala sayo, Fiona. Hindi. But you were just blinded by your love, kaya ngayon? Eto ka!" napairap ako sa sinabi ni Lala. I stood up and walked around my office while my arms still crossed.

"Eto ako. Realizing how pretty I am, to just waste my time on petty things and people. Just accept the fact na I'm not TANGA, anymore." I may sounds bitter but I'm just stating what's the truth. In fact, why would I waste my time for someone who doesn't even deserve it?

"Hindi na ikaw yung tanga, because you really change a lot. It hurts me knowing that you're not the old Fiona that I used to bond, laugh and cry with." mahihimigan ang lungkot sa tono nito.

Kahit ako man, hindi ko gusto ang sarili ko. Nagbago nga ako....but for the sake of myself. I'm loving myself, but maybe a bit too much.

I sighed, "People aren't meant to stay who they are from ten years ago, it's the fact that people change because of what happened to them from the past. You cannot be the same person if you doesn't want to be fool by the same reason..." I smiled and looked at her. She's looking away from me. Well, I don't mean to explain this but she started, so why not?

".....In fact, past memories taught me a lot. Especially, not to trust people again, kase nasasanay. Akala nila kapag binigay mo tiwala mo ng paulit-ulit eh okay lang na sirain nila ulit yun dahil nga bibigyan mo nanaman sila ng hindi na mabilang na pagkakataon...." I paused, I sighed deeply. I shook my head, trying to control my anger.

"...but no. People are meant to forgive, but don't expect that they can forget easily. You know to yourself where is your own limits on trusting and loving people, when it hurts so much already, it's time to let go, it's time to stay away and it's time to change for the better." and there, I finally composed a fine smile that no one could ever take away from me.