Chapter Eight

Warning: angst and mention of cheating

**********

It was the morning of the board meeting and Ike was exhausted; he had been up all night trying to get Y/N to answer his phone calls.

His thoughts about last night were interrupted then by a knock at the door.

"Hey, Dad..." Stevie greets him.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah, I am..." Ike let's out a heavy sigh.

"Did you instruct the bellhop to move my belongings to the family suite?"

"All set..." Stevie replies.

"Housekeeping should be done with the unpacking by the time we're done with the meeting."

"Good" Ike comments, grabbing his jacket and heads for the door.

"Let's go."

*****

Ike and Stevie were deep in conversation when entering the boardroom. Ike abruptly pauses when noticing the woman standing with her back facing them at the table.

Is that Y/N? It can't be her... this meeting was for management only.

"Great, she's already here..." Stevie remarks, causing you to turn around at hearing it.

"Dad... you remember Y/N."

"Yeah, I do..." Ike replies, a bit confused.

"What's she doing here though?"

"Dad, I'd liked to introduce you to our finance manager... Ms Y/N Engelbrecht" Stevie properly introduces you to his father then.

"Thought you said the person's name was Y/N/N..." Ike's brows furrow in confusion.

"That's my nickname" you politely comment. "Everyone calls by it, that or either, Ms E..."

"It's a pleasure to me you Mr Evans" you nod with a tight smile.

"If you gentleman will excuse me, I have to finish arranging these folders before the meeting starts."

Ike stood in the corner, chatting with Stevie but his attention was solely focused on you.

You busied yourself with the sorting out folders, refusing to look at Isaac's direction. You knew he was watching you, could practically feel his gaze burning at your back.

Stevie excuses himself from the room, and Ike takes it as an opening to approach you, but the rest of the attendees enter into the room before he could reach you.