Chapter Sixteen

Warning: mention of sexual activity

*************

Wedding Day

"You ready today?" Stevie teasingly nudges Ike.

"M"ore than ever..." Ike nods.

"Just hope nothing goes wrong..."

"I'm glad you and Y/N sorted everything out. That you're both finally happy."

Ike nods, "so am I..."

"Just promise me; that you won't let the past mess up your relationship with her" Stevie requests of him.

"She's nothing like Vera."

"I know and promise I won't" Ike assures him.

"I'm gratefully to be getting to spend the rest of my life with Y/N. Never thought I'd be getting married again, yet here I am about to marry the woman I love and we a baby on the way."

Stevie smirks at Ike's remark, patting him on the shoulder.

"Let's go get you married, Old Man..."

*****

Ike, Stevie, Danny and along with his father, stood outside the courthouse awaiting on Y/N, along with Lauren and Frankie to arrive.

"I'm glad Lauren's gotten along with Y/N so well" Ike remarks.

"She hasn't lashed out at her once since they've met. She seems extremely excited about the baby too."

"Feeling a bit nervous are we, Old Man?" Danny chuckles at his remark.

"A little bit, yeah..." Ike chuckles in response.

"Can't believe I'm doing this more for the third time."

"At least this time you knew the girl for longer than two weeks..." Arthur comments.

"That was the dumbest thing I ever done..." Ike grunts out in agreement.

"Y/N's a nice... Bit young, but nice" Arthur shrugs.

"At least ya know she ain't after your money like the last one was."

The conversation dies down soon after; no one sure of what to say after that.

"They're here!" Stevie alerts them to the car arriving in the distance.

*****

"Y/N/N's, are you ok?" Lauren asks noticing how quiet you had become.

"I'm fine, Sweetheart" you assure her with a smile.

"Just a bit nervous though."

"Everything's going to be great, don't you worry..." Lauren reassures you.

Smiling at her attempt to calm you, you're suddenly caught off-guard by a sharp kick from the baby.

"Whoa... that was a hard one" you gasp out, rubbing at your belly.

"What's wrong?" Lauren looks at you in concern.

"The baby just kicked really hard" you explain to her.

"With only a few weeks left until it's arrival, it's been very active lately."

"Can I feel?" Lauren to you in amazement.

Smiling, you take her hand and place over where the baby was kicking at that moment.

"Wow..." Lauren eyes widen.

"That's amazing..."

"I'm glad you're excited about becoming a big sister" you smile at her.

"I am too" Lauren replies.