Chapter Fourteen

Warning: mention of cheating

*********

Three Days Later

You were getting ready for a dinner date at Ike's, he was acting quite suspicious these past few days.

You weren't quite sure what he was up to, so you decided just to go with the flow of things.

"Hey, Sweetheart..." Ike greets with a kiss as you stepped into the suite.

"Everything's set out on the balcony."

"It's beautiful, Isaac..." you gasp at the romantic scene set out in front of you.

"You didn't have to go all out for dinner though."

"It's more than just dinner..." Ike remarks from behind you.

"What do you mean?" you turn around to find Ike down on one knee.

"I know things started off rocky for us, but one thing is sure; I love you very much and want to spend the rest of my life with you."

You contain the tears flowing from your eyes at his words then.

"Y/N... will do me the honour of marry me?"

"Yes, Isaac..." you tearfully smile.

"Yes, I'll marry you."

Ike slips the ring onto your finger, capturing your lips in a hard kiss as he stood up.

"Thank you, Sweetheart. Now people will stop believing Stevie is the father of this baby."

"Isaac!" you pull away from him in disbelief.

"Is that you're only reason for doing this? To stake your claim as it's father?"

"No, no sweetheart..." Ike panics, quickly rectify his statement.

"It just pissed me off that people thought he was the father. It's my job to take of you and our baby."

Nodding, you gesture for him to take seat.

"We need to have a chat about the way you're treating Stevie."

Ike frowns as he takes a seat.

"If you're referring to what I think you are, then I don't really want to talk about it."

Exhaling heavily, you begin explaining to him.

"I understand Stevie's part in it quite well, as I myself was in his position once."

"What do you mean?" Ike stares wide-eyed.

"I was once involved with a married man, it was disastrous. I thought we were in love, but I was only fooling myself."

"Is that why you freaked out when you thought I was married?"

You nod in response.

"Yes, because I love you more than anything, and thought it was karma coming back to bite me in the ass."

"I'm sorry that I put you through that emotional trauma again" Ike pulls you from your seat into a hug.

"It's ok" you reassure him.

"Your son loves you very much Isaac. He's sick with guilt over what he did to you."

Studying you for a second, Ike finally responds.

"I'll have a talk with him about."

"Good..." you smile in response.

Ike presses a kiss to your forehead then.