Crush

Guess who did an early update? *grins*

Now Anna @SparklingPurplePage asked me how did Summer do in her exams. Honestly, I had almost forgotten about her. Thanks Anna.
So, here you are, on with the chapter then. 

Happy Reading!

"Miss Three."

Lillian glared at Ian.

"Don't call me that."

Ian smiled smugly. Her expression was even better than he'd thought it would be when he had come up with the new nickname. It had been obvious from her smile that she'd been surprised to know that he had scored that well. In all honesty, even he hadn't imagined that he'd be first. And he definitely hadn't thought that the best part about it would be teasing Ginger.

"Why not? You were third, weren't you?"

He was answered with the merest of pouts.

"That certainly does not mean that you can call me with yet another annoying name. Like 'Ginger' and 'Cinnamon' weren't enough."

"I don't think I'll ever run out of ideas for naming you."

"Don't you have anything else to do? Someone else to bother?"

Ian made a mocking thinking pose. "Hmmm...Sure but no one expresses their irritation better."

He grinned. She sighed.

"Ian? Babe?" A voice sounded from behind him.

Ginger perked up, taking it as her cue to leave. Ian turned around to find Summer staring up him. He didn't like her expression. He looked back to Ginger but she had already left. Sneaky girl.

"Babe, you have to help me out!" Summer whined, clutching his arm.

Ian looked at her in alarm.

Too much clinging?

Check.

Puppy dog eyes?

Check.

Pout?

Double check.

Conclusion: Trouble with a capital T.

"What is it, Summer?" he asked, gently removing her hand from his arm. She simply switched the arm, digging her nails into it. Thank God he was wearing a sweatshirt.

"I barely passed these stupid theory exams apart from one! Prof Dawson asked me to retake the History exam. If I fail again, my mom is going to kill me. Please, please you have to tutor me!"

Ian stared at her in disbelief, she was clutching his hand in a death grip; looking at him with such hope that he almost melted but to be honest, he would rather eat glass than to teach her. He couldn't ask her to get help from any of his friends either; who would be that heartless to give such a troublesome blonde to their own friends.

Then he smiled. There was indeed one person who was absolutely perfect for helping her out.

"Summer, I can't help you but there's one guy who'll be a perfect tutor for you."

"Oh." Her face fell slightly but she composed herself and asked him, "Who?"

"Blake."

Her face scrunched up in confusion. Not a very attractive look for her, he had to admit.

"Don't you remember your partner? In the Lucky Love dance? He was number twenty-one in the result list. I'm pretty sure that he'd be more than happy to teach you."