Lucky Love

Ian Spencer was tired. Tired of all those girls fawning over him. He enjoyed it but it was almost like high school all over again. The girls were the same here, except the affinities, of course. Many were trying to get his attention, particularly that girl, Summer. He admits that she is hot. Big green eyes and big everything else, if you get the drift. Although he liked set of green eyes on another girl. He felt a smile tugging his lips. Fiery red hair with pale green eyes like the young leaves of a tree. He knew full well that her name was Lillian, but he loved the way she reacted and went red all over when he called her Ginger. Oh yes. She was different from the others. And he was having a lot of fun at her expense. And now there was this dance coming up. Some sort of a party for the new comers of the Academy. Lucky Love, they called it. Derived from a game that was played every year before the event. Well, it was actually just the choosing of partners. It was lame to be honest. They couldn't even pick who to go out with. They had to draw a card and whatever name was written on it would be their partner for the dance. This year, it was the guys who were to draw. He had to go at 6 p.m. to draw his card. It was 5.45 p.m.; so he supposed he should leave. He sauntered towards the cafeteria, used to the hushed, excited whispers from the girls. His buddy, Sam Wilson had already picked his partner. It was some Aria named Tara Parker. He'd said that she was a cute girl. Hmm...Hopefully he too, would get a cute girl. Or may be a hot one.

"Ian Spencer."

His name being called jerked him from his thoughts and he made his way to the midnight blue bowl that was kept on a small pillar which was usually used to hold a bouquet of flowers. He gave a smile to all the girls, each praying that it was her name on the card he was about to pick. He shuffled the cards and then took out one. He opened the envelope, took out the card.
Huh? This was not what he had expected. Well, at least he would have fun. He couldn't say the same for her. He announced the name of his partner to the crowd. There were disappointed sighs all around. Well, now to wait until she hears it.

Lillian was busy with practicing her Erde capabilities when she heard footsteps. Having an affinity to earth allowed her to hear footsteps or any other kind of sound made on the stone. The door opened and in came a beaming Celeste. For some reason, she was grinning ear to ear.

"Guess who your partner for the Lucky Love dance is?"

Lillian shrugged. It didn't matter much to her. She would go, dance around a bit, though she didn't know how. She hadn't attended a dance. Ever. She wasn't going to attend this one either. But Celeste and her mom (with whom she had been communicating through letters) wanted her to go. And Celeste can be very persuasive if she makes up her mind. In an hour they were to go for dress shopping.

"Well, your partner is none other than Ian Spencer!"

Her pencil fell from her hands and her head jerked up to where her friend was standing.

"You're kidding, right?"

Celeste shook her head and then spoke up, "Come on! Every other girl wants to be in your shoes and all you can think about right now is that you want to not go."

Okay, she was totally thinking about that.

"But...but he is a jerk! I don't want to go!" she said, stomping her feet like she used to do when she was a kid. Celeste simply laughed and told her to get her ass out of her chair to go for shopping.

"Bria and Tara are going to meet us at the entrance."

Sighing heavily, she stood up. As Celeste had said, Bria and Tara met them at the entrance. They too were excited for Lillian.

"You are so lucky!" Bria gushed. "Ian is, like the hottest guy out there. And he'll be your date for the evening!"

"Yay." Lillian uttered a sarcastic one.