Black

I had almost hit a writer's block. Almost.

Not edited.

Celeste picked up another magazine but too soon the words blurred. As much as she tried; she couldn't focus on it. Sighing; she put it down.

"What's wrong, Celeste?" Lily's voice came from behind her.

"Donald."

"Donald? What did he do?"

"Nothing." She said, turning to face her friend. "It's just that we haven't been able to meet as much I'd like. He's been busy since he's acting as a tutor to a few students."

"Oh. That sounds...distressful."

Celeste gave her a sad smile. "It is. And then I have my first mission coming up too and after I've heard your encounter; I'm even more anxious. I just...want to talk to him."

"It was just bad luck that we got someone like her." Lily shuddered. "I'm sure it'll be okay for you. You can talk to me too, you know."

"It's not...I didn't mean it that way, Lily. I know I can rely on you. I don't know how to explain it to you but it's...different with Donald. Just being with him calms me down."

Lily shrugged and smiled, "I hope one day I get to know how that feels."

Celeste grinned. "I think you already do know how it feels." With Ian.

She didn't add the last part but the scowl on Lily's face confirmed that she'd understood.

A knock sounded on the door.

"It's open." Lily said.

Bria peeked in. "Hey."

"Hey to you too, Bria. Is something wrong?" Celeste asked, frowning. She had never knocked before. She didn't need to.

"No. Not really." Bria said as she settled on Lily's bed.

Lily and she exchanged a look. There certainly was something wrong. They waited for Bria to say something.

"I'm in trouble."

"What happened?" Lily asked, concerned.

"I've...uh...fallen for someone." Bria said uncomfortably.

"Ummm...isn't that a good thing?" Lily asked, looking at her for confirmation. Celeste shrugged for she was as confused as Lily was.

"It would have been but that someone is completely off limits." She paused. "You know about Professor Drake, right?"

"Yeah, what about him?" Lily asked, even more confused.

Celeste understood though. Her mouth fell open. "Oh. Oh."

"What? Did I miss something?" Lily looked from Bria to her.

"You fell for your professor?" Celeste said in disbelief.

"Ssh. Not so loud." Bria said at the same time Lily said, "Really?"

"You like him?" Celeste whispered.

Bria nodded.

"That's okay, I guess. A bit troublesome, that's all." Lily mumbled.

This time Bria and Celeste stared at Lily.

"What?" Lily said defensively.

"How is it okay, Lily? He's a teacher!" Bria asked.

"My mom told me once that we don't choose whom we love. We just fall in love."