Aria and Erde

Lillian woke up to the alarm going off. She switched it off on the small clock and yawned. She sat up and stared at the unfamiliar surroundings and then her gaze fell onto a sleeping blonde in a bed close by which was when it hit her that she was no longer living in her home but in the Academy. She thanked the Gods for the attached bathroom and freshened up. When she came back, Celeste was up.

"Good morning, Lily." Celeste mumbled in a sleepy voice.

"Good morning!"

"Wow, are you a morning person?"

"Sort of, actually I'm excited. It's our first day at the Academy after all. I think except for the classes where we would learn to embrace our affinity, we'd be sharing the others."

"Yeah, you're probably right. I'm gonna go freshen up then."

Lillian nodded and Celeste entered the bathroom. Lillian put on a checked blue and green shirt and black jeans and tied up her hair into a pony. She checked out her desk for pens and found a couple of books stacked inside one of the drawers. Weird, she could have sworn that they had not been there yesterday. She took them out and scanned the titles one by one. The Elemental Wars. History of Aethers. Arias: what you need to know. The strengths and weaknesses of the four elements.
Oh well, maybe they were supposed to take these books to the classes; she thought to herself. She kept them inside her bag, kept some stationery and she was ready to go. A moment later, Celeste came out and soon opened her wardrobe; which seemed to be filled with every possible color one could think of. She took out a couple of dresses and brought them in front of Lillian.

"So, which one do you think I should wear?"

"Umm...I think that they all look would good on you."

"Come on, Lily! Help me out here. I want to make an impression on my first day! A major part of our life begins here." she said dramatically.

Lillian sighed at her and said, "Alright, hold them up one by one and I'll tell you which one looks good, okay."

Celeste grinned and began holding up her outfits. After fifteen minutes of thought, they finally settled on a pale blue summer dress.

"What do you think?"

"Perfect." Lillian smiled at her friend. Then she remembered the books. "Celeste, take a look in the second drawer of your desk. You'll find some books there. I think we are supposed to take them to our classes."

Celeste followed her instructions and opened the said drawer. Then she turned and asked, "Were they here yesterday?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Huh. I don't know if that's creepy or cool. Anyway, let's go and grab some breakfast. What's our first class anyway?"

"Wait, I don't even know that. I think there must be a schedule somewhere in these books."

She flipped the books and found one in the Aria book.

"Let's see...oh great. History."

"Really? They want to bore us to death on the first day itself?"

"God knows. Anyway, let's go."

They went out and locked the doors. Outside the cafeteria, they found Tara and Bria. They waved them over and they went over to their respective tables. The glass tables, which had been colorless yesterday, were now colored into four colors. White. Yellow. Green. Blue. Turns out there were four for each element. Lillian and Tara stacked up their plate and settled down on the white table.
"Isn't the blue table pretty? But then I guess all of them are. By the way, which class do we have first?"