Chapter 3 - Before Step Two

How did it go last night?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

It was nearing 5:30 AM at the luxury apartment. Makia walked into the bedroom of (FN) an opened up the blinds. He knocked on the nightstand softly. "Good morning (FN). It is time for me to give you your wakeup notice."

(FN) stretched and yawned. "Looking forward to today."

"So tell me. How did that date on the video game go last night?" Asked the butler. 

"In basic terms Makia, we met at the guild hall, went to the mines, made a little money, and we talked a bit in a private chat. I meet her today at the school because she doesn't work today. I'm so excited about it. I can't lie."

Makia smiled. "So what will happen different today?"

"Don't know. Didn't know it would get this far." (FN) burst out laughing. "Ahhh, beautiful morning."

"Indeed. Just know that around lunchtime until the afternoon I will be with your father at the club." Makia turned on the lights. 

"So, he's got a meeting in the club house and a game of golf?" Seems that (FN) has an idea of how this goes. 

"Correct. It will be a lengthy time. I'm sure if you and that girl spend time together then you and your father will be home around the same time."

(FN) got out of bed. "Her name is Miku. Sounds better than saying something else like 'her' or 'that girl' of that sort."

"Cute name. Though I wonder how everything will go with time. What you and her will be like when she is over here."

"Did Maria tell my father what is going on? I'm pretty sure she did but want to know if you have heard anything." (FN) went to go grab clothes. 

Makia was making the bed. "I haven't heard anything yet. Though I have reasonable doubt that your father doesn't have an idea of some sort. He's a busy man, but he leaves work once he takes off his shoes. At a restaurant he's business. At a shop he is all business. But he is mellow at home. Now what he thinks between home and everywhere else? I wouldn't know."

"That's good enough for me. I guess I'll grab a muffin and some coffee as I gather myself to school. Anymore advice Makia?"

"Any cologne?"

"Jesus, that's right. Lucky cologne. I should of thought about it. What's wrong with me? The butler always knows how to dress." (FN) went to his sock and underwear drawer in his dresser. "It should be somewhere around here."

"Maybe behind or underneath the lucky briefs?" Suggested Makia.

"I have lucky briefs? Since when?" (FN) was confused as he looked through the dresser.

"I have a pair. Wasn't sure if you did."

"I don't. Wait." He closed his eyes and felt deep into the corners. "Got it." Then he looked at the brand. It was a bottle that cost him 1000 yen a while back. "Never mind. I can't use this."

"If I may." Makia looked over as (FN) handed him over the bottle of cheap cologne. "You're not in middle school. What is this?"

"Something I've hung onto for too long apparently. Any recommendations for when I pick up a new bottle?"

"Why don't you go shopping with Miku. Something you can learn when on your time out. Get her face to face. A little out of her element. Head to a tea shop and talk for a bit? See what you can do."

(FN) was thinking so deep into this date he was setting up. But Makia gave him a full laid out game plan or schedule. "How do you do it?"

"Been involved in this for a long time. I hope one day I grab myself a tea or a drink and look over to see you making a woman very happy. That day is coming sooner than I thought." Makia patted his shoulder. "I'll have you get ready. Coffee will be on within five minutes." The butler smiled at the eager teenager. "And remember, if you lack confidence, fake it."