Chapter 22 - Choices

Miku is upset. He is confused. A breakdown.

Enjoy.

~~~~~

When the girls were all sitting down for lunch together they realized that Miku wasn't herself. She was a little down in the dumps. There was no way she could hide it either. Nino took notice of this and just couldn't resist. Letting it go would be unacceptable. Especially if it was boy related. 

"How's (FN)?" Asked Nino to Miku.

"We'll see." She sighed.

"Oh no. That's not an answer. You've been down since we got in the limo. You going to talk or do I have to smack the crap out of him until he talks?"

"Don't hurt him. Please." Cried Miku.

"So then what is it? What the hell did the two of you get involved in? You spent time with him online last night. What is it?"

"He's going through schools. It's just that process. I'm just scared is all." Miku seemed more than scared. The different arrangements, game time, and other things. The college life changes many people. Some in bad ways.

"Are you afraid of some college girl taking him home?" Asked Ichika.

"Hey. That's not fair to either of them to bring up." Pardoned Itsuki.

"What happens if Fuutaro decides to go to Tokyo where his school is fully paid for?" Asked Yotsuba.

"EHHH!?" The five of them were shocked. They knew that this was offer was on the table too. Time to acknowledge the writing on the wall. 

"This is getting past tense. Why bring the boss raid of a question? They both have a little time. And he's still single. I'm not. I love him."

The girls all looked around the table. A man up for grabs that was in the quins inner circle and another one with a similar upbringing is choosing where he wants to attend. University is actually happening after a grace period of uncertainty. It was getting closer to knock on the door and all of the girls were going to have to accept the fact. Yeah Miku and (FN) could still play MMO's together regardless of where he went,  but they have already had dates set up. Sushi, tea, homework, and they were just a good match. Why change it up? Not broke so don't fix it.

"Well, we have to help them with their decision. We can't just say 'K bye' to them like someone annoying us in a text." Insisted Ichika.

"I think Miku has strong influence on (FN). But can we weigh Fuutaro with his scholarship money being something we can't control?" Asked Yotsuba.

"Maybe we need to sit them down. And, I don't think they've met each other formerly. But we still have to give him a straight talk." Itsuki wanted both of them to stay around.

The table got awkward. They all had the same thought in mind. Two smart boys that could leave them and start a new life in no time. As if they could let it happen. There's no way!

~~~~~

Miku was waiting in the library at a table alone in the library. She looked at her phone and noticed that it was ten minutes after the final bell. He never took this long before. Why now of all times? She was all by herself and lonely. She went through pictures on her phone as she waited. Watching every minute on that clock. Eleven minutes. Twelve. Thirteen. Finally she got a call from him.

"Babe where are you?" She cried.

"In the hallway by the restrooms next to my locker. I'm coming over with a guest. There's something we need to talk about."

"What!?" Her heart started to race.

"Easy does it. Just a minute."

/////

(FN) was getting his notes together for his last class. The final bell signaled that classes were over. Some were leaving and others were staying put so they can make plans for what is going on for the rest of the day. But then the door opened. A student gasped in front of him.

"The genius." The student gasped.

(FN) turned his head. "Hello."

"You got time?" He asked.

"That depends." (FN) glared at him. There was something he thought was off. "I take it you mean business right?"

"Name's Fuutaro."

"(FN). I'm Miku's boyfriend."

"I heard from the girls. Congrats." He grabbed a chair next to him. "Glad everything is going smooth. The shyness is what has held her back for all of this time."

"You can say that again. Big choice is choosing a school. Now I know the two of us have different backgrounds, but I think we are in a similar boat. Correct?" He nodded to him.

"I need mine fully paid. I hate to say it, but we're dirt poor in my house." Fuutaro was firm. Straight to the point without being too painfully blunt.

"Touchy subject. No matter. But I hope all is well."

"Well, I haven't told them exactly what happened. I wasn't grown into it that way." 

"So, Miku is going to be meeting me in the library after maybe going to the vending machine. I imagine you came here because you don't want any of the girls to do this alone?"

Fuutaro shook his head. "It's about my mother."

(FN) sighed. "I'm jealous. I never had a relationship with my mother. I try not to see her."

"Mine passed away. Shortly after her dream of opening a restaurant she was diagnosed with illness and you know the rest. Still trying to sell it. The job is something my sister found and it was tutoring the girls. This was months before you met Miku. Though this is the first time we've met."

"Indeed. So, I'm sorry for your lose man. You and your sister must be on hard times. But tell you what. I'll be around man. I want to promise you something. You won't have any troubles because I'll be around. I want to thank you for helping Miku. I love her and I hope you know that. We're looking at schools today. I don't know what she will be doing while I'm heading to school. But, I have an idea. But before all of that, can we negotiate things?" (FN) smirked. He had this insane idea. About to get deep. Now all he had to do was connect the pieces. 

/////

At last (FN) walked into the library. Not alone either. He walked right over to Miku as she pouted for him being fashionably late. But then she was pondering on what her boyfriend and her tutor were doing together. Thinking that didn't know each other at all. But this is when she was stunned as her boyfriend grabbed her by her love handles. Miku was way off guard when she received as kiss from (FN). Eyes open and her face red.

(FN) separated the kiss. "Kiri I have an idea. I hope to sit down with my father tonight about it."

"Babe? What's going on?" She looked over his shoulder. "And does-"

"He knows everything and we got a plan. How's that?" (FN) smirked.

"Is this about school?" Asked Miku.

"School, work, debt, money, and everything else in between. I've been thinking long and hard and dammit I am going through with this proposal and heading straight to the moon if I can with it." He squeezed Miku in a hug. "I love you Kiri. None of us are going anywhere."

"Babe? What's going on with all of this?"

Fuutaro smiled. "Looks like everyone will win if it works."

~~~~~

Any predictions on what it is? Make it.

-Rel