Chapter 11 - Grounded

Pops is most likely going to drop the hammer. What's next?

Enjoy.

~~~~~

The hammer was going to be dropped at some point. (FN) knew what was going to be coming his way. He did finish his meal in his room. But after what took place, that seemed to be the best option. You don't point chopsticks at someone. Especially your bitchy step mother. (FN) finished his meal, put his plate in the kitchen sink, and went for a shower. This was all according to what he had going on. 

After the shower he got himself in pajamas and laid on his bed with the towel laying on the pillow. Of all things in his hand was a book. Not one of his subjects or a manga either. It was a management book from an entrepreneur. He had this planned for a reason. 

A knock came at his door. "Son? Can I come in? Are you decent?" Eito called.

"I got clothes on. Go right ahead." (FN) invited.

Eito opened the door and saw him keeping to himself. "What's that? Watching manga?"

"Say that one more time..." That's not right.

"I was waiting for your attention. So, that a book when you first started high school I gave you right?"

"That's right. Anyways, what's up?"

"Really?" His father shook his head. "I'll be blunt then. You were kind of an asshole at dinner. What the hell are you thinking?" Eito put his hand up before he was interrupted. "Listen. I get it. But that was a bit much."

"Got it. And you're right. I did what I did. Can't take it back. So what's next?"

"I'm changing the wi-fi password after tonight. Come morning I hope those assignments will be done at school. And by the way, is there a woman in mind?" Eito seemed to have known something was up. 

Makia wouldn't tell him. But I'm expecting all of this. "No. Nothing serious." Techinically true. Haven't even kissed her yet.

"No date?"

"No kiss if that answers it." (FN) shrugged.

"Very well. I've just been concerned is all."

"You or Maria?" (FN) scoffed.

"Seriously? Why ya got to be a dick about Maria? What's going on?"

"I told you. She doesn't need to be in my business. She's riding your wallet Dad. Thinks she is part of high society and thinks I got no future when she is a retired bartender. Retired because you made her a housewife. What do you think she was going to do?"

Eito shook his head on his way to the door. "Enjoy the wi-fi until morning. And lose the God damn attitude. I'm working with you here. But you have to help me in some regard. I did stand up for you. I am working on the whole situation and seeing what is going on. I'm not ignoring it."

"Fourth strike?"

He sighed. "Honestly I'd be better off with a maid around here than a wife. And if it is what I fear it is, she wouldn't get anything. A few thousand yen to comfort her out of morals and she is on her way."

(FN) smirked. "Okay then."

"Okay then!? Do you know how painful it is to get divorced? Forget the money. Your mother was different. Your first step mother I worked too much but wanted security for your college funds and retirement. Look, I'm not saying that you don't have a say around here. But this is my battle. I'm losing it. I get it. But I didn't know I had to referee this badly. It won't be tolerated. Look, you spend the afternoon at school to work, and I sleep on the couch the next two days. We call that even? Your phone is good. Just the computer. And Maria thinks the computer is worse than the phone." Eito winked at him. "I love you (FN). You're my first priority. You're all I got. Give it about a week."