Hell's Purge (intro/prologue/flash-forward)

"Good morning class. Today in English we're going to talk about defining things," I faintly heard over the thumping in my head. "How you define something and how someone else defines things can be different, as you already know. You can learn a lot about someone from just the way they define things. You can learn if they like to be detailed, if they are passionate about what they are talking about, etc. And today, we will start off by defining a simple word.

"Love," the teacher finished sharply after a second of silence, writing it down on his white board. My teeth started grinding together as I forced my long, poison infused claws back down into my hands- cutting through my skin in the process. The poison couldn't do any damage to me, since I already had it in my body, so all the reaction I gave out to the deep cuts was just a wince from how sharp they were as I bit down on my bottom lip.

"Calm down," I whispered to myself as I finally managed to transform the claws back into a normal hand from under my table. "Be in control of the urges. You'll look like a freak if they see you with claws and fangs. You don't want that."

"Sabrina, how do you define love?" the teacher continued, not noticing anything I was doing or the sweat trickling off my forehead.

"Love's a strong affection for another arising out of kinship or ties tha-"

"He asked for your definition, not the dictionary's," a guy in the back of the class said, making students laugh and the girl roll her eyes, turning to him with a glare.

"At least I don't the IQ of a five year old," I heard her say as if in a whisper to me, but I could tell from her stance and face that the sound was much louder then what I heard.

'Kill someone, already! The Lord's demons are hungry!' a voice- that sounded like tires screaching on the streets- in my head hissed, suddenly making my vision twenty times more clearer- meaning that my eyes just turned into huge black pits. A demon's hunting eyes, used for catching and observing their prey (a.k.a. humans). I immediately shut my eyes and started rubbing them with my hands, pretending I was just trying to wake up. This isn't good.

"Mr. Taligate, that was not a respectful thing to say. That was her way of defining it, and she has every right to define it that way. And Miss West, I understand that what he said was rude, but you don't have to fight fire with fire," the teacher scolded with reprimanding eyes as he walked towards the guy that sat at the back of the classroom.

'Come on! Kill someone! You know that you want to. Even you enjoy the taste of there souls,' the voice hissed persuasively, making a sadistic grin try to force its way onto my face as the fangs started to grow. My hands started to sweat from the fangs I was holding back, and my eyelids were using all the muscles they could to keep the black pits covered. Not being able to cover up the transformation any more, I rolled the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands to cover them and folded my arms on the desk, shoving my head inside the little box I made with my arms.

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

The sound of the clock made my migraine worsen, and suddenly all the demons in my head started to chant along with it, knowing it would get me angry.

Anger. Wrath. Hatred.

My sinful traits. The one's that made me open the mind link and allow demons in.

Those feelings- I noticed- will mostly likely be the death of the people next to me, based on the fact that the angrier and more stressed I got, the more demons would be able to enter my link. Especially when I haven't eaten in more then twelve hours.

Those disgusting little humans. I'm trying with everything in me to keep myself from killing them, yet some still have the audacity to spread stupid rumors about me around the school.