Chapter 16

I've never wanted to decapitate someone so badly before.

This amount of hatred isn't healthy, even for a person destined for Hell.

"Let's see how good your senses are," he said in his smooth voice, making me clench my fists- nails drilling into my hand.

"I dare you to," I said as my eye started to twitch, making him cackle.

"Well, if it's a dare," he drawled as he slowly started to disappear into thin air. "I hope you like doggies, Michelle," he said, his voice quiet and somehow echoing in this forest.

"I hope you don't mind me killing some of your doggies," I said in a sarcastic voice, my vision clearing up rapidly.

"I don't think you'll be able to, sweet-cheeks," he said, but sadly I wasn't able to pin-point where it was coming from, since his voice was everywhere.

"How much money do you want to bet on that?" I said as I cracked my neck. "I need a couple hundred for college."

"We'll discuss that if you survive," he cackled, just as I felt a presence behind me. I immediately turned towards the cliff, just to see three huge, black dogs jump out of thin air. I ducked quickly, knowing that they were heading for my head.

I knew my theory was right when I felt the nails of one of the dogs scratch my back from my crouched position. I felt his nail drill into my ribcage, making me quickly grab his leg and tear it out. Still holding onto his leg, I swung my arm to the side, making the thing slam down right next to me.

"Pretty fast," the thing barked, making me raise an eyebrow at him.

"Interesting," the man's voice boomed, making me scoff and stand up when I realized the dogs weren't attacking me. "Now, let's test your defense," he snickered, making the hellhounds grin- their eyes glowing a blood-red color.

"Good luck," I said to the dogs as I squared my shoulders, making them bow their heads in acknowledgement.

"Go," the man said in a bored tone, making me hiss at the dogs and them growl at me at the same time.

Automatically all three hellhounds lunged in the air- zooming towards me with fangs and growls, looking scary as Hell.

Excuse my horrible pun.

I didn't know what to do at first, but that didn't seem to matter since my body started to move without my brain's instructions.

As soon as they were at a good height I started to run towards them, kicking my leg out and sliding to the ground when I was a foot away so they couldn't get me. When I stood up and turned to face them I saw them all trip on their paws and fall off the cliff, howls heard as they fell.

But just because they were going to die, didn't mean I was done. Seconds after they fell four new bitches popped out of nowhere.

Again, excuse the pun.

These dogs were the definition of a bitch. They couldn't talk from what I could see, and they definitely didn't look respectful. I could see their eyes transition from red to yellow at a random pace as they stood there growling at me- a fiery foam coming out of their mouths.

I looked around with the corners of my eyes, trying to find a weapon to defend myself with as I started to cautiously step back, my eyes never leaving theirs.

"Check," I heard a familiar voice whisper in my ear as I heard the sound of something zooming towards me. I caught it without looking at that direction, eyes focused on what the hellhounds would do.