Chapter 8

I literally had no idea what to think.

Where, besides right now and in art class, have I seen these eyes before?

Why am I seeing black and white?

And why we're all the guys staring at me like they were deciding wether they should kill me or not?

"Alright," I started with a sigh, shaking slightly from what happened a couple minutes ago. "What the hell is going on with me?"

"Well, speaking of Hell," Rahab said, earning a slap in the head by Ioael.

"What he means to say is, congratulations! You aren't going to be a demon!" Ioael corrected awkwardly, a nervous smile on his face.

"What am I, then? Because I'm obviously not human anymore either," I added in a bland, monotoned voice. I crossed my arms as all of the men in front of me tried to put their thoughts into words.

"You... The eyes you have... Only one other person has them," Cassiel said slowly, as if trying to measure what he should and shouldn't tell me.

"And... Who might that be?" I said just as slowly, mentally preparing myself. Did I really want to know?

"I think you've already met him," Ariel said, glaring at a wall with his hands clenching to the point where you could see veins sticking out- his whole body stiffened up.

"His name is Samael," Belial said, rolling his eyes when he noticed no one would answer the question. "He's the angel of death. He has a couple nicknames on Earth... Death, the grim reaper, the guy in the black cloak, etc."

I nodded slowly, trying not to freak out.

"So... Am I like him now?" I asked them, gulping when they didn't answer for three minutes.

"No," Rahab said, looking into my eyes. "You're different. You still have a little bit of human in you, surprisingly. That can be a good and a bad thing..."

"How?" I asked, gripping my left bisep with my right hand- that had broken out of the chains.

"Well," Ioael drawled, making my eyes twitch. I don't know why, but he was really getting on my nerves. "Good, because that means that there's a slim- and I mean, so small it's barely there- chance that you can reverse the curse and go back to being a human. That also means that you aren't a complete monster like Samael is.

"The bad news..." he trailed off slowly "is that you still have to do a couple things you might not want to do, and you are basically kind of his slave."

Well... This is just great, now isn't it?

"What do you mean by me having to do things I don't want to do?" I asked, sitting up straighter on the bed in a cautious way.

"He means," Ariel mumbled "that you're going to have to kill people to be able to-"

"WHAT?" I yelled in shock, my eyes bugging out of my head.

"You. Have. To. K-"

"I heard what he said!" I snapped at Rahab's little smart-ass reply, gritting my teeth.

"Whoa. Calm down," Rahab chuckled out, making me glare at him and mentally picture me killing him.

I hate everyone.

"Michelle, I know this is a lot to take in," Ariel said with a sigh, looking at me sadly, "but we don't have time to answer all of your questions. We have to prepare you, now."

"Prepare me?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I will be helping you learn how to block out the demons and learn how to master some mental skills you'll need to use," Cassiel answered, taking a step forward.