Chapter 35

Author's note: Thank you again for all the love you have been giving this story! I can never thank you all enough. I love you guys!! A long chapter for all you lovelies! Hope you like it!😊

Akash breathed through his mouth as he took two steps at a time trying to beat Dhara who was ahead of him. Despite his head start, Dhara very quickly and easily took the lead.

He panted as he took a seat beside Dhara on a bench when they reached the top.

She pinched her lips to hide her laughter but didn't say anything.

"You got lucky," he told her before she could get too smug.

Dhara laughed. "I guess. I do have an unfair advantage of my lungs being accustomed to this altitude."

Akash was taken aback by her agreement, but he wasn't sure if she was going to hit him a taunt next. However, it didn't come.

"You're not going to taunt me?" he asked, suspiciously as they stood up.

"No," Dhara shrugged and frowned. "Why?"

"That's what you always did before."

"That's because we weren't friends before. I don't like hurting my friends too much and I think I have hit my quota of being mean with you today," she explained simply.

Akash blinked a few times before laughing and shuddering exaggeratedly. "Well, then I am glad we are friends now."

"You should be!" she teased.

Dhara suddenly hid her face with her hand. "Oh, God! Why is she here?"

"Who is here?" he asked as he tried to look around to see who Dhara, the terror, was hiding from.

"My biggest enemy in the whole wide world." she hissed, still hiding her face.

Akash felt a little offended. He thought he was her biggest enemy. Before he could find out who Dhara was talking about, a beautiful woman walked towards them.

"Hi, Dhara!" the woman greeted with a faux sweet smile.

"Hi, Sonia," Dhara replied, giving her enemy a disinterested look. "Fancy meeting you here."

"I am a very spiritual person and you know that!" Sonia said as she fixed her purple dupatta. "Everything in my life is because God is kind to me."

"I seriously wonder why," Dhara murmured under her breath.

Ignoring what her enemy had just said, Sonia looked up at him. "And you are?"

Akash smiled, "I am Akash. Dhara's friend." he introduced himself.

"Let's go, Akash!" Dhara practically grabbed his hand and dragged him to the shrine.

"I'll see you at the competition!" Sonia yelled to them.

"Why the hell were you flirting with her?" Dhara immediately demanded when they were out earshot.

He frowned. Confused by the allegation. "What do you mean?"

"You were flashing your dimples because you know girls find that cute." she pointed an accusatory finger at him.

Akash had heard that before, but he hadn't meant to flirt with Sonia. He couldn't help it that his dimples appeared anytime he smiled. "I was just being nice."

"Well! That's not allowed. You are my friend and you can't flirt with Sonia or any of my enemies." she stated and then stomped up the stairs.

"It's really difficult being your friend, you know," he whispered in her ear as they stood in the temple clapping to the tune of the aarti.